Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite 8 anyone?

Anyone following the Elite 8 games? KTodd-you've been known to travel the west coast, but can you pull a midwest trip in the middle of a work week? Good luck to the team-hope it's a good game. Going to try to catch most of it online.

On the women's side, MSUB went down as the 8 seed falling to the 1 seed today, but not without a pretty decent fight. All of the other lower seeded teams won today on the women's side though! Breen, of MSUB went down with the most points ever in GNAC history after this game, getting 2001 points on the last few FTs today. She ended the season nearly getting the triple double too. Great season for the MSUB women-they were picked to finish 7th in the conference, finished 4th, but played their best ball down the stretch playing underdog for about 8 games in a row now.

Hope everyone is enjoying March madness in one form or another or league or another!

Re: Elite 8 anyone?

CBU loses high-scoring game to No. 2 Queens, lots of points in this one:

https://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball...tist-queens-nc

Great season for CBU, wish they were staying D2.

Comment

I was at all four women's and men's games Monday and Tuesday. MSUB hung in there but couldn't quite do it.

Same with CBU. After their game I saw a man wearing a Lancers cap. Told him I collect them. Turned out it was Ty Rowell's dad from Canada. Had a nice visit with him. I had watched their women when they played at the Pentagon in the Elite 8.

You had to be there to get the atmosphere of the men last night. Northern fans jammed the building and did it ever shake the place. I've been there for all four years and yes- you almost have to be retired to make all those games.

Comment

Had to go, glad I did. Tough outcome, but was proud of CBU's fight. Credit to Queens who held onto their 5-point halftime lead. Lancers just couldn't stop their guard penetration. Even at that, it was 94-92 with 58 seconds left. Queens went 6-6 down the stretch from the line and deserved the W.

As laker referenced, if you have a chance tonight, try to watch Queens play Northern St (SD). The Pentagon was rocking for their game (after ours), and it'll be 99% South Dakota people tonight. West Texas A&M vs. Ferris St in the first semi, really good teams and a high level of hoops.

Comment

Awesome double OT game last, Northern St outlasted Queens and will face 37-1 Ferris St tomorrow afternoon. Will be interested to see how many people are turned away at the Pentagon. Seats 3,200 and I imagine most of Aberdeen and surrounding areas in SD will try and see the game live. Morning snow in the morning as well. With general admission only, it's first come first serve for those that plan ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by KTodd View Post
            Awesome double OT game last, Northern St outlasted Queens and will face 37-1 Ferris St tomorrow afternoon. Will be interested to see how many people are turned away at the Pentagon. Seats 3,200 and I imagine most of Aberdeen and surrounding areas in SD will try and see the game live. Morning snow in the morning as well. With general admission only, it's first come first serve for those that plan ahead.
            Sanford put out on Twitter this morning that the game for tomorrow is sold out. They also said that some of the tickets from the teams who lost may be available. It couldn't have been much more of a madhouse than it was last night.

Comment

Northern State vs. Ferris today for the title, should be a great one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X