Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPU 82 BYU 102 final

I watched some of this game on BYU TV. The Falcons actually looked pretty solid. The freshman Tony Miller might be playing at the wrong level as he burst onto the scene with a 28 point performance. The Falcons still form as good of a defensive rebounding shell as you'll find in small college basketball. I predict they'll be a top defensive rebounding club among teams on the west coast again this season.

Re: SPU 82 BYU 102 final

Originally posted by lv2hoop View Post
    I watched some of this game on BYU TV. The Falcons actually looked pretty solid. The freshman Tony Miller might be playing at the wrong level as he burst onto the scene with a 28 point performance. The Falcons still form as good of a defensive rebounding shell as you'll find in small college basketball. I predict they'll be a top defensive rebounding club among teams on the west coast again this season.
    I never count out SPU even if they have a new coach and a lot of new players. They've been good forever, from coach Ken Bone (and before him), to Jeff Hironaka, to Ryan Looney, and now coach Grant Leep. I think they'll again be a contender, the beat goes on at Queen Anne Hill. Too bad the Seattle community doesn't embrace the program more, they have a nice gym and an excellent program.

Comment

I always thought Tony Miller was a huge steal for D2. Pretty cool that SPU has both Miller brothers. They will have very good seasons

Comment

Yes, if you were going to name a top 5 list of programs in the West Region, Seattle Pacific would likely be on everyone's list. They are a perennial contender to win the GNAC and compete for a West Region title.

As far as winning a national tournament, the chips really have to fall in your favor to win the whole thing---a lot has to do with luck of who you draw, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X