Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer thread ... SPU loses best player

Tony Miller is leaving SPU. I know he missed most of last season, don't know why, probably injured. I've not hidden that he's one of my favorite GNAC players, tough, skilled, plays hard. Too bad, I want the GNAC to retain their best. Not sure if he got a redshirt year out of last year or not. I think he played in too many games.

CCAA and PacWest had a number of transfers in the last couple weeks ... they're emulating D-1, which had more than 700 transfers last year.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/conferences/gnac

Re: Transfer thread ... SPU loses best player

Wow that is a big blow to SPU. I wonder why? I saw this guy being GNAC player of the year. Looks like he may appeal for a 3rd season of eligibility.

Comment

WWU starter Daulton Hommes to transfer out now too.

https://www.onthedln.com/wwu-s-hommes-transferring

That's two starters leaving at WWU. Is there going to be a coaching shuffle thread involving WWU too? I would think a school would have made it's move if they weren't retaining a coach by now, but I've got to say it's not great for a school with so much talent to be losing starters with lots of years in eligibility still. That's 3 great players leaving the GNAC already in Miller, Drechsel and Hommes.

Wish I had heard something positive about the UAF coach search. Heard they were forming a committee and heard some good names on the committee. I hope they know they gotta put things in gear here. It's prime time recruiting season and there is no assistant or head coach in place here... Glad to hear Shaw is not moving to Ellensburg-although I wouldn't count on him hanging around for a long time Tsull. It appears that he does not settle in static positions for very long... His resume is everywhere. Don't know if he just likes fresh scenery, doesn't get along with people, or is continually longing for something else or climbing the ladder... We'll see. Sounds like CWU has attracted some good talent, so that is good to hear!

Comment

Another shocker! What is happening at Western? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          Another shocker! What is happening at Western? Wow!
          OK, that's a big shocker. Hommes is a big-time D2 player. I had him pegged as the early favorite for GNAC player of the year next season. I saw him go 7 for 10 from 3-ball land in Nampa, he was unstoppable. Oh, most of those shots were heavily contested, too.

Comment

Yes I also had him and Tony Miller competing for Player of the Year. And now both are likely leaving the GNAC. Both were thriving at their respectful schools, which are both good successful programs with great coaches. I wonder what is going on.

Comment

Yes I also had him and Tony Miller competing for Player of the Year. And now both are likely leaving the GNAC. Both were thriving at their respectful schools, which are both good successful programs with great coaches. I wonder what is going on.
              Seems odd, the D-1 attitude (700 transfers last year) has trickled down to D2, unfortunately. My guess is CCAA or PacWest transfers? Neither guy looked quick enough to me to play legit minutes in D-1, but sure are good in D2. SPU and WWU are two great west coast programs, they're getting minutes, they're getting shots. Seems weird.

Comment

Here is his highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=PQWNP2Kipdc

Comment

Video made a four days ago, he's shipping himself around. WWU is a pretty good D2 program, don't get it ... then again, I don't get a lot of things these days and am turning into a crumudgeon. (Note: He's still not quick enough for D-1 and neither is the other WWU guy departing.)

Comment

NNU's Khalil Thompson is transferring. I thought this guy was excellent, but his minutes really diminished later in the season, not sure why. Has one year to play as he was a JC transfer.

Comment

Looks like Looney is raiding the GNAC's top dogs again this year: https://twitter.com/coachlooneyplnu/...19105731866624

Comment

Well as a CWU fan I don't mind seeing Hommes leaving the GNAC. He will be a great fit at Point Loma

Comment

Well as a CWU fan I don't mind seeing Hommes leaving the GNAC. He will be a great fit at Point Loma
                          I'm torn on all these transfers, but it's the world we live in. I admire the 4/5-year guy, but those are rare today; I admire the JC who is willing to finish it out at his school, even that is becoming more rare. My school had three starters last year from CCAA, PacWest, and GNAC schools, as well as the other two being D-1 transfers. It's today's world.

Then again, there's nothing stopping coach Looney leaving a GNAC school to take a PacWest job or any coach looking at inter-conference, other D2, or D-1 jobs ... heck, any job. I'm glad the athletes have rights, just not big on all the school jumping. WWU's is odd because their top two guys were not only starters, they were also getting plenty of shots. I kind of get the latest NNU transfer, he was buried on the bench midway through the year and he seemed good enough to play.

Comment

There are no transfer penalties which creates little incentive for a player to remain in a school. It is one thing to secure D1 transfers, but the lateral moves within D2 are getting out of control with more high profile underclassmen changing teams this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGNAC View Post
                              There are no transfer penalties which creates little incentive for a player to remain in a school. It is one thing to secure D1 transfers, but the lateral moves within D2 are getting out of control with more high profile underclassmen changing teams this offseason.
                              Northern would know more than me on this one, but I don't think one can transfer within conference without sitting out a year. I know Riley Hawken of WOU went from Concordia to WOU and he had to sit out a season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X