Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Might Be Moving to......Bellingham

Behind Enemy Lines. Yes I, a passionate Central fan, may be moving deep into Western territory in Bellingham soon. It is because I am going to a law enforcement academy at Skagit Valley College for four months. Living options in the Skagit Valley are not as good and B-Ham has much more/better living, and more to offer for a young guy like me. I hope to go to a few Western basketball games up there when they face teams like UAA, UAF, SPU, WOU, and of course, CWU! So don't worry, I am not turning to the dark side. But don't be surprised if I return with the plans to the Death Star!

Re: I Might Be Moving to......Bellingham

You will have to change to a navy blue light saber.........

Comment

Well,
      Right now the Vikings are making mincemeat out of Capilano. They look pretty good, but it's Capilano, right? Dickson is injured for the next few weeks or so they say, so they started with Parker, Drechsel, Schilder, Stafford, and Hommes. They look pretty deep.

Comment

Can I hate WWU this year without smack down repercussions?

Comment

Hate them all you want. Thursday night, they have a test that says more about them than Capilano does... I don't particularly care for their program either, but if they're really good, it could be that much sweeter to beat them! They were kinda a scary team last year because you never really knew if they were gonna pull it together and play up to their potential, but it hurt to lose to them cause their record stunk. Their starting lineup is BIG. If they add Dickson to that instead of Hommes or Drechsel, they get even bigger. Outside of their PG, Stafford, nobody under 6'6"... If Dickson starts, that's 6'9" at the 4 & 7' at the 5. Schilder looked hard to play against offensively and he can move a lot faster than SMU's Jorg can.

Comment

Well, don't care how good they are, I'll hate them. Last year I was told I couldn't hate them. I'm going to, sorry. They were deemed freaking UCLA or Kentucky on this board last year and back-doored their way into the conference tournament. I didn't get all the hype, especially on certain players.

Can we have some normalcy this year? If UAA, for example, is having a monster season like WOU last year, can we quit saying "they're lucky" or "living charmed lives" and stuff like that, like all last year on WOU's season? Winners win and know how to win close games. If anyone has played athletics, you know that's how it goes. It's also very hard to run the table in conference play so if UAA (or some conference leader) drops a game, don't say the sky is falling.

Another simple request: Can we not say we'd rather have some role player than the pre-season conference player of the year/All-American, or at least examine why we would say such crazy things? If people don't like Wiggs, fine, but can we admit he's the best player in the GNAC and maybe the west coast?

Let's just be realistic and honest about things.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Can we have some normalcy this year? If UAA, for example, is having a monster season like WOU last year, can we quit saying "they're lucky" or "living charmed lives" and stuff like that, like all last year on WOU's season? Winners win and know how to win close games. If anyone has played athletics, you know that's how it goes. It's also very hard to run the table in conference play so if UAA (or some conference leader) drops a game, don't say the sky is falling.

Another simple request: Can we not say we'd rather have some role player than the pre-season conference player of the year/All-American, or at least examine why we would say such crazy things? If people don't like Wiggs, fine, but can we admit he's the best player in the GNAC and maybe the west coast?

Let's just be realistic and honest about things.
              No. Think you are still being a little to touchy, lol.

If UAA's starting five make it through the season without any significant injury, they will not have been "lucky" but "very lucky".

Wiggs is a great basketball player, maybe the best in the West. But if UAA is lucky, I expect that Wiggs will not have the same kind of year statistically - he won't have to carry the team as much, and can be more team oriented. He has already kind of shown that in the exhibition games where he has set back and let the other guys score. Don't expect him to be nearly so passive in real games, but with Mitchell, Svejcar, Hammell and Devine in the starting rotation (and more depth) he won't have nearly as many late shot clock situations where he has to take matters into his own hands. I think that these things will help mitigate some of the criticisms that were leveled against Wiggs last year, so thinking you won't have to put up with the same kind of criticisms (at last I hope so).

Oh you can hate WWU all you want. I hate a team or two in the GNAC. (not WOU :wink:)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
                No. Think you are still being a little to touchy, lol.

If UAA's starting five make it through the season without any significant injury, they will not have been "lucky" but "very lucky".

Wiggs is a great basketball player, maybe the best in the West. But if UAA is lucky, I expect that Wiggs will not have the same kind of year statistically - he won't have to carry the team as much, and can be more team oriented. He has already kind of shown that in the exhibition games where he has set back and let the other guys score. Don't expect him to be nearly so passive in real games, but with Mitchell, Svejcar, Hammell and Devine in the starting rotation (and more depth) he won't have nearly as many late shot clock situations where he has to take matters into his own hands. I think that these things will help mitigate some of the criticisms that were leveled against Wiggs last year, so thinking you won't have to put up with the same kind of criticisms (at last I hope so).

Oh you can hate WWU all you want. I hate a team or two in the GNAC. (not WOU :wink:)
                I just want honest takes on the season, didn't always get that last year. Some stuff matched Grimm's Fairy Tales or Ripley's Believe It or Not.

I see UAA winning it and I'm not backing down from that all season. I'm seeing Wiggs as GNAC player of the year and West Region player of the year, not backing down from that either. This is lining up very much like WOU's season last year.

Star player -- Wiggs, check. Avgi last year.
                Returning starters: Sevjcar, Hammell, Wiggs ... I might be missing one. WOU: four returnees last year.
                Good coaching: check on both clubs.
                Good bench: UAA's might be stronger than WOU's bench last year.

I'm excited that it appears I'm going to go to the UAA-WOU game in Monmouth this year. Should be a great game.

I think it will take a monumental effort to keep UAA from winning the league title.

Comment

[QUOTE=tsull;1967353]Well, don't care how good they are, I'll hate them. Last year I was told I couldn't hate them. I'm going to, sorry. They were deemed freaking UCLA or Kentucky on this board last year and back-doored their way into the conference tournament. I didn't get all the hype, especially on certain players.

I love how riled up you get over even the slightest suggestion that the Vikings "might" be good. If we were baiting you into things in August just so we had something to talk about, you're baiting everyone else now. So... Nope, sorry. Not biting any more than I already have.

Can we have some normalcy this year? NO. That would be boring.

In that UAA publishes its stats of even the scrimmages this year, I'll say I think UAA is a much, much more dangerous team when Suki's stats look like the do after these scrimmages (As Rob already pointed out too). He'll have his nights and plenty of them, but if it's spread out, they will be way, way harder to defend. I have zero doubts that they are going to be really good, but I'm not counting things quite as wrapped up as you are. Okay. Nuff said, I think I bit the bait. Good job!

Let's just be realistic and honest about things. Sure!
                  Last edited by northernGNAChoopfan; 11-02-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Great GNAC moment last year: WWU's Parker was deemed the second coming of Michael Jordan and he scored 2 points vs. WOU in Monmouth. He scored more in Bellingham, but his team lost by 20.

Comment

Great GNAC moment last year: WWU's Parker was deemed the second coming of Michael Jordan and he scored 2 points vs. WOU in Monmouth. He scored more in Bellingham, but his team lost by 20.
                      well ....... Parker just hung 28 points on the UW Huskies tonight in a 109-103 loss for WWU. So I guess he's pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by lv2hoop View Post
                        well ....... Parker just hung 28 points on the UW Huskies tonight in a 109-103 loss for WWU. So I guess he's pretty good.
                        He's decent, remember, UW is one of the worst defensive teams in America in all of D-1. My neighbor could hit at least one shot against them and he's 65.

Comment

He's decent, remember, UW is one of the worst defensive teams in America in all of D-1. My neighbor could hit at least one shot against them and he's 65.
                          That's funny!! Well to be fair to your assessment, Parker did shoot something like 8 for 28 from the field ......

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X