Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAF search?

Where in the heck are we at with Fairbanks men's coach? This is making CWU's search look fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
      Where in the heck are we at with Fairbanks men's coach? This is making CWU's search look fast.
      Heard interviews were last week.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGNAC View Post
        Heard interviews were last week.
        I haven't been around much lately, but have heard that they were about at this stage as well in the process. I'll be tuning back in about mid July, so hopefully by then I'll have some homework to do to figure out who our new coach is and who is bailing and who isn't.

I can't say that I'm optimistic about much at this point, or that I trust the process because there is so little experience in our athletic dept. right now, but Fairbanks is kinda the land of anything goes, so it's possible to be quite surprised or to land a really good young coach who could put together some excitement in the great subarctic that Fairbanks is. I'm crossing my fingers that road trips to Fairbanks for the rest of the GNAC do not turn into a grueling travel trip and a creampuff game...

I'm sorta leaning toward MSUB and CWU making vast improvements this coming season and will be happy to root for them with their respective new coaches. Wondering how UAA is doing as well as SPU...

See ya'll in Julyish!

Comment

Two plus months and no coach in Fairbanks from what I can tell. WTH?

Comment

This University was in a bad spot. Dr. Gary Gray left the AD role near the end of the season and Kayne Gutierrez (asst. AD) has been filling in along with an interim AD. They had to fill both Men's Hockey (original hire backed out) and women's basketball and they didn't seem to have a backup plan in case Durham left. Probably the only job that could have lured Durham away was MSUB. In any case, they are late in the game and have already had at least 2 public transfers (kimble and mitchell). With most staffs set for the upcoming season, the hiring pool will be thinner than in April. The new coach will have to scramble to get players which won't be easy so late in the game with most 4-year schools having full rosters.

I'd think the best route would be to hire an up and coming assistant coach that would be willing to trade the Fairbanks winters for a Head job. I would think that situation would be attractive to certain candidates.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X