Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rinta to CWU

https://twitter.com/RSKuhn/status/986474088007741440

The word is that Lewis & Clark State's Brandon Rinta has accepted the job at CWU. This is a coach who regularly has 20 win seasons and NAIA playoff appearances. He coached at EWU and NNU and played for CWU. Great pick up and I hope he can encourage everyone to stick around at CWU

Re: Brandon Rinta to CWU

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    https://twitter.com/RSKuhn/status/986474088007741440

The word is that Lewis & Clark State's Brandon Rinta has accepted the job at CWU. This is a coach who regularly has 20 win seasons and NAIA playoff appearances. He coached at EWU and NNU and played for CWU. Great pick up and I hope he can encourage everyone to stick around at CWU
    Tremendous hire. Former NNU (and WOU) head coach Tim Hills pushed for Rinta to succeed him at NNU, they didn't, and Hills said they were making a big mistake. Three NNU coaches later ... Rinta had moved on to LCSC and built a powerhouse.

Comment

I'll weigh in on the man - Brandon is awesome. When he was at NNU, he recruited my oldest son Ryan. Ryan chose to stay closer (SPU), but we were so impressed with Brandon, his demeanor and enthusiasm. We also thought he'd take over for Coach Hills, it simply made sense. CWU is lucky to have him.

I followed his journey at L&C, would send him an encouraging email now and then. He always responded back. Class act.

I don't pretend to know the X's and O's, the recruiting job he'll do. But I'm an old guy who appreciates a young coach like him. I think CWU did well here.

Comment

Official release here, he certainly has a tremendous resume.

http://wildcatsports.com/news/2018/4...all-coach.aspx

Comment

During my time as sports editor at the Eburg Daily Record, he was one of my favorites. He played 100% every play, was very tough and in conversations with him he looked at things like a coach would. I like this hire immensely.

Comment

I'm gonna miss Coach Spar, too. That guy loved the Wildcats and loved his players. One of my favorites.

Comment

Here's the Yakima Herald article on the hire. Sounds like a good pick up. I was going to post this in the GNAC forum, but deferred to CWU Wildcat Nation's actual basketball post.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...069877fd3.html

Comment

The question now is if Rinta plans to do more late recruiting. Matt Poquette is still out there after he decommitted during the coaching change. I wonder if some of Rinta's LCSC recruits may be granted a release to follow him to CWU. Or maybe some JuCo transfers or other NCAA transfers out there. Rinta has a lot of catching up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                  The question now is if Rinta plans to do more late recruiting. Matt Poquette is still out there after he decommitted during the coaching change. I wonder if some of Rinta's LCSC recruits may be granted a release to follow him to CWU. Or maybe some JuCo transfers or other NCAA transfers out there. Rinta has a lot of catching up to do.
                  A lot of guys are bailing on the Big Sky right now, I would, too. I'd much rather play in the GNAC than the Big Sky. Cool Alaska trip, play on the I-5 corridor vs. Southern Utah and Greely, Colorado, and boon towns inbetween. Anyway, seems like a lot of players are leaving the Big Sky ... as well as the PacWest and CCAA. Always some good JC players out there, too. I'm not for inter-conference transfers, but the NNU guard who left (former Tacoma CC player) is really good.

Comment

Coach Rinta built a great program at LCSC. He has paid his dues and has earned the opportunity to lead a high-profile D2 gig. I think he will do well at Central.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X