Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA transfer and other news

UAA's Malik Clements has transferred, he was their 3rd-leading scorer. Bio shows he's off to perhaps his 4th school (!) now with one season remaining. Good luck finding a coach who will take that -- though I guess there are coaches out there who do that. Does he think he's an NBA guy or something? One year left, you've been to a JC, a D-1 school, UAA, now what? UCLA ain't calling, dude. Also, the responses here will be Alaska is a tough place to live, too cold, etc. ... didn't he know the drill before signing with them? Just asking, just seems weird.

More odds and ends from signings, etc.:

http://verbalcommits.com/conferences/gnac

Comment

Re: UAA transfer and other news

UAA has traditionally been a landing place for D1 transfers. They were all-in on this strategy last year and it burned them: injuries to Lampkin & Ursery and Haynes left the program midseason. I wonder if there might be something still shaking out along those lines. That said, they only have announced a few signings this season but Brimall & Bevens should become immediate impact players in the GNAC. Brian Pearson also took a solid step forward and has developed into a decent D2 post player (great touch from 15 & versatile arsenal of back to basket post moves). I expect UAA to be among the most improved teams in the GNAC this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X