Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAF falls to Hawaii-Pacific

Got down 19-2 to start the game, fought back well, however. No idea on how good either team is this year:

http://www.alaskananooks.com/news/20...i-pacific.aspx

Re: UAF falls to Hawaii-Pacific

The Nooks have got a LOT of work to do if they want to live up to their #4 preseason rank in the coaches poll. The rebounding was, as one can see from the stats, terrible. I noticed that in their DI exhibition and their romp over Portland Bible, but thought it wasn't a good gauge looking at DI teams and Portland Bible type teams. They gave HPU sooooo many extra possessions. And yeah, when the game started they appeared to be still out on the beach. Last year they had a party beating up on HPU in the Patty Center to start the season and it is only all too clear that it is much harder to start on the road, but no excuse for how poorly they played. Not sure if the whole weekend is going to be a rough trip for them now, or if they will get their crap together and right the ship a bit. I'm not sure how good either of these teams will be either, but HPU basically had 2 guys out there doing damage in Orr and Looney and even when the defense was right in their face, they continued to bury shots...

On another note, I'm not sure I'll pay the $8 to watch tonight. It's a bummer that some of these match-ups with the CCAA and the Pac West charge to watch the games online. GNAC viewing remains free and it gets a lot of us dropping in on different games, knowing more about other teams and basically increasing the fan base, I think. The online viewing experience last night sucked. The guys running the camera pointed it at the ceiling for extraordinary long periods of time while the ball was in play and often forgot to move the camera up and down the court with the game, so I found myself cursing a lost rebound while staring at a screen shooting the empty end of the court. And then the stat-keeper appeared to leave for most of the second half to go get dinner, so on the off chance that the camera moved up to the scoreboard during a timeout one was left guessing at what had happened when the camera was pointing at the ceiling... Bummer. If I'm paying money to watch a game online, I wanna see the game and that was a piss poor service last night. My question to some of you CCAA/Pac West guys is whether it is occasionally worth paying the fee to watch games and if so, which schools typically put out good online viewing experiences that might be worth paying the fee for? I'd rather watch another GNAC school tonight than tune in to see the ceiling of some Hawaii gym and wish the boys would rebound... Signed, Unhappy Nook fan!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
      On another note, I'm not sure I'll pay the $8 to watch tonight. It's a bummer that some of these match-ups with the CCAA and the Pac West charge to watch the games online. GNAC viewing remains free and it gets a lot of us dropping in on different games, knowing more about other teams and basically increasing the fan base, I think. The online viewing experience last night sucked. The guys running the camera pointed it at the ceiling for extraordinary long periods of time while the ball was in play and often forgot to move the camera up and down the court with the game, so I found myself cursing a lost rebound while staring at a screen shooting the empty end of the court. And then the stat-keeper appeared to leave for most of the second half to go get dinner, so on the off chance that the camera moved up to the scoreboard during a timeout one was left guessing at what had happened when the camera was pointing at the ceiling... Bummer. If I'm paying money to watch a game online, I wanna see the game and that was a piss poor service last night. My question to some of you CCAA/Pac West guys is whether it is occasionally worth paying the fee to watch games and if so, which schools typically put out good online viewing experiences that might be worth paying the fee for? I'd rather watch another GNAC school tonight than tune in to see the ceiling of some Hawaii gym and wish the boys would rebound... Signed, Unhappy Nook fan!
      Yep, I hear you. They wanted $6.95 for the WOU game last night, I didn't fork it out. I know that's not much, but 75 (!) people were at the game last night, i.e., D2 hoops has an extremely small fan base. Why not try to draw more people in? Are they really making much on these pay games? I think it's crazy to charge to watch.

Comment

Yep. I just tried to drop in on the Point Loma vs SMU game and they want another $7 out of me. I'm not cheap, but this is definitely prohibiting someone who wants to follow West Region basketball, because in following it you gotta see more than just your team play and these non-con games are big for everyone, so in order to be engaged, you'd basically have to put out $21 to pop in on the three biggest games of the night. Sheeesh. I guess the freebie game that's happening tonight is Hilo @ SPU. Not really the game I would choose to watch. Hmmmmph.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X