X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple OT, no internet!

:at-wits-end:

Re: Triple OT, no internet!

Yay, it's back on! WOU down 4 ... no interior defense.

Comment

Exiting game, SFSU wins 99-93, live by the 3, die by the 3. The new WOU transfers need to pass more and quit jacking everything in sight. Interesting WOU team, but the b-ball I.Q. isn't near last year's club. It's athleticism, not smarts. Hope it improves. SFSU played tough.

Comment

AJ Kahlon had 28 points and 23 rebounds in the game!? I just looked it up: he averaged 2 points and 2 boards last year. That a career game if I've ever seen one. He's gonna want a copy of that game!

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
          AJ Kahlon had 28 points and 23 rebounds in the game!? I just looked it up: he averaged 2 points and 2 boards last year. That a career game if I've ever seen one. He's gonna want a copy of that game!
          Kahlon played great, some nice moves inside. WOU's interior defense is not good, though I like the potential of post Buster Souza.

Too many transfers at WOU. I know you have to take all the talent you can get, but a lot of duplicate skills, i.e., Idaho State and Yakima Valley guys are the same. Omlid the only one with a diverse game, and once he fouled out, Wolves were toast. I counted 10 guys in street clothes on the bench, all redshirts? Love coach Shaw, but I think he overdid it on the transfers, way too many, and good players like the Cal Arts transfer not playing when he could help inside.

I must accept that last year's team was magical. The offense flowed so smoothly, guys like Avgi could play inside and out, Wiley was money, as was Nichols, Alexander, and Roth (who is hurt this year). This year's team is still trying to find its identity.

Impressed with SFSU's grit and determination. Down 4 in the 2nd OT, could've folded, fought back against a good crowd. Great D2 game ... Wolves need to find themselves, IMO.

Comment

Last year they had a good team but Avgi made them special because he was such a match up nightmare for opponents. They still win 20 plus games without him, but he was the difference IMO.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X