Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOU loses to San Diego

Kulich 19 off the bench, but the WOU team shot 26 percent from 3-point land after shooting 25 percent from that distance the previous night. The transfers love to jack 3-'s and they can't hit them. Stop it, please.

UCSD is a fine team, however.

Re: WOU loses to San Diego

Looks like SF State might be pretty good after they followed up the 3OT game with a pretty sound beating of Concordia. UCSD obviously good. The CCAA looks like they rebounded a little vs. the GNAC this weekend after taking a beating last weekend. Seems that the two conferences are above the Pac West this season (on the whole).

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
      Looks like SF State might be pretty good after they followed up the 3OT game with a pretty sound beating of Concordia. UCSD obviously good. The CCAA looks like they rebounded a little vs. the GNAC this weekend after taking a beating last weekend. Seems that the two conferences are above the Pac West this season (on the whole).
      Both SF State and UCSD looked excellent to me. WOU looks talented, but has a long ways to go to find cohesion. Last year on this board people were stunned WOU was winning because they weren't super talented and apparently not a good enough rebounding team to move forward. What last year's WOU team had were people like Jordan Wiley, who started every game of his WOU career; Avgi and Alexander, who started most of the games of their 4-year careers; and Nichols and Omlid, total team guys. The whole was greater than the parts.

While this year's WOU team can be exciting, there's not a lot of thought out on the floor. They were down 4 in the 3rd OT on Friday, more than a minute to go, just get a field goal, a normal one. But they opted to keep jacking 3's ... and all these new transfers were doing the damage. They bricked 3's two nights in a row, it was brutal. They need to start Kuluch (or play him more, had 19 on Saturday), and get the ball inside to Omlid and Souza. They can start jacking 3's again when they start making them. So far I'm not impressed with the hordes of newbies, who may be able to jump and run, but can't shoot or play defense. :at-wits-end:

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

While this year's WOU team can be exciting, there's not a lot of thought out on the floor. They were down 4 in the 3rd OT on Friday, more than a minute to go, just get a field goal, a normal one. But they opted to keep jacking 3's ... and all these new transfers were doing the damage. They bricked 3's two nights in a row, it was brutal. They need to start Kuluch (or play him more, had 19 on Saturday), and get the ball inside to Omlid and Souza. They can start jacking 3's again when they start making them. So far I'm not impressed with the hordes of newbies, who may be able to jump and run, but can't shoot or play defense. :at-wits-end:
        I think they will start to sort it out. There is talent there, but they just don't know how to play together, yet. I know you always talk about 3 and 4 year guys being important at this level, and I couldn't agree more. SF and SD both have a ton of returners that helps them early in the year. It is hard to be a transfer at this level. West Region D2 hoops is no joke. I think the wolves will figure it out. Don't fret too much!

Comment

Originally posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
          I think they will start to sort it out. There is talent there, but they just don't know how to play together, yet. I know you always talk about 3 and 4 year guys being important at this level, and I couldn't agree more. SF and SD both have a ton of returners that helps them early in the year. It is hard to be a transfer at this level. West Region D2 hoops is no joke. I think the wolves will figure it out. Don't fret too much!
          Yeah, I was spoiled by the last two years, I just think WOU over-sold the farm on all these transfers, just tons of them, and 10 guys in street clothes on the bench. Everything seems too much. Trim down the roster, get more freshmen or at least play some of the frosh they signed last year. Well, that's my take. The talent is there, but when they're shooting 25 percent beyond the arc, it's time to change something.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X