Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping the fans informed

What's maddening to me as a D2 fan is trying to keep up with roster discrepancies. Players are missing from the box score. I'm not talking about deep bench guys, I'm talking about star players and top recruits no where to be found in the box score. NNU's top returning player, Jayden Bezzant, is on the roster and has yet to play a game. I'm wondering if it's an injury or if he's left school. Now I understand student privacy laws and that they can't reveal if a person is academically ineligible. But I'm wondering if they could say a player was unavailable to play?

WOU is missing a top returning player in Etan Collins and one top recruit Emanuel Gant, well, neither have played so I'm not sure what is up. Could be grade issues, not sure.

D2 needs more fans, perhaps I'm the only one who cares about being informed and instead it should be sunshine and lollipops 24/7, but if they're going to hype players up we as fans should probably know when these players aren't playing.

My first belief is all 3 players mentioned in this thread have left school, but that might not be right. Maybe they're redshirting?

Sure is tough being a D2 fan, make it easier for me so I don't tune you out.

Comment

Good points. What's puzzling is that the 3 players I mentioned are all on current rosters. I don't know if these guys are good students or academic risks, injured, or left the team. At least two of the players mentioned are really key returning starters, while one is a noted recruit. There is a lot of transition and movement in D2, it would be nice to keep up on it. I get that most people aren't like me, just kind of go with the flow, and don't know who is on the roster until they get to the game.

Comment

One of CWU's two bigs they recruited has not played this season yet. The NWAC west region MVP Kevin Baker. Injured? Redshirting? Hard to tell when I am not able to attend the games. Malcolm Cola hasn't played either, though I assume he is hurt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X