Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tsull
    replied
    I totally agree with the SPU model. Now, of course, I've enjoyed many of WOU's transfers over the years, Tanner Omlid, Nichols, Morgan, Faruq-Bey, etc., Shaw made a living off them. That said, WOU's Final 4 team had three 4-year starting players in Avgi, Alexander, and Wiley, and yeah, transfers around them. I won't speak for other schools, but WOU's problem has been retaining the freshman. Pretty good guards from L.A. (Reese) and Seattle (Baker) left after a year or two. High-flying forward from freaking nearby Albany left after a year. I saw him at the regional playoffs and wondered why he'd quit the program. They got an OSU transfer, Roth, a Salem kid, who had like 3 or 4 years to play. He left after one year ... not sure if it was injury or not. Four freshmen off the 2018-19 team left the WOU team; four frosh left the 2017-2018 team; four frosh left the 2016-17 team ... you get the idea.

Obviously SPU has the great backyard for recruiting and a bunch of guys who don't want to leave the city. I like Monmouth, Oregon, but let's face it, it can be very quiet. But stability is the key. I think WOU's best player next year is Darius Lubom, a 4-year player. I think for now, WOU will keep with their JC and prep model, I don't have a problem with it. But SPU is pulling ahead and at times it seems like they have less physical talent, yet still win the league with ease. I think that comes from all that 3- and 4-year experience.

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied
    Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Looks like Rinta at CWU is trying hard to re-make his roster. Today on Verbal Commits he has offers out to some 6-5/6-6 swingmen from the east coast and California. I know nothing about either player. He just added two D-1 transfers. I think CWU will be improved next year, even without knowing anything about the new players.

* WOU just signed a 6-7 forward from Umpqua CC, their 3rd UCC player now on the roster, though one, a redshirt, played his last JC season at a different school. The surprising part was Rusty made an offer at UAA and didn't get him. UAA staff has killed it on the recruiting trail this year.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Looks like Rinta at CWU is trying hard to re-make his roster. Today on Verbal Commits he has offers out to some 6-5/6-6 swingmen from the east coast and California. I know nothing about either player. He just added two D-1 transfers. I think CWU will be improved next year, even without knowing anything about the new players.

* WOU just signed a 6-7 forward from Umpqua CC, their 3rd UCC player now on the roster, though one, a redshirt, played his last JC season at a different school. The surprising part was Rusty made an offer at UAA and didn't get him. UAA staff has killed it on the recruiting trail this year.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    CWU adding two D1 transfers from Santa Clara and Fresno State https://twitter.com/MSJCBASKETBALL/s...40322849271809
    Wow, appears to be two pretty good recruits, guys who could make an impact right away.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    CWU adding two D1 transfers from Santa Clara and Fresno State https://twitter.com/MSJCBASKETBALL/s...40322849271809

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied
    UAA got the JC/Czech kid, big dude ... UAA really helped themselves on the recruiting trail this year.

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    UAA got the JC/Czech kid, big dude ... UAA really helped themselves on the recruiting trail this year.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Today WOU got a commitment from 6-7 Elihu Cobb III, from College of the Sequoias in California. I know all highlight tapes look good, but I really liked his inside game and leaping ability. He'll be a nice addition.

WOU was fortunate to get three quality players redshirted last year:

Etan Collins, a 6-6 forward who started the previous year as a freshman. He was 2nd on the team in rebounding as a true frosh.

RJ Veliz a high-scoring guard from Woodburn, Oregon.

Drew Rippingham, a quality (45%+) 3-point shooter from Lassen, JC (California).

A good group, and I like the way coach Pifer utilizes the redshirt year, a gift coaches often don't use. Nothing is more maddening than a player who doesn't play much, but plays enough to burn his redshirt and then he starts getting real good but then his eligibility lapses. Nice they got three players redshirted last season.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    CWU gets commit from Post Falls, Idaho shooting guard Colby Gennett https://cdapress.com/news/2020/apr/0...tar-gennett-5/

Was named 5A All-State 1st Team and led Post Falls to state title game, but got no recruiting love from NNU or other D2 programs. Lewis & Clark State, EOU, and Corban were his only other offers

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied

UAA picking up a lot of fine transfer recruits, including guys who can really shoot the ball.
    Last edited by Anchorage; 04-05-2020, 11:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    UAA picking up a lot of fine transfer recruits, including guys who can really shoot the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernGNAChoopfan
    replied
    Concordia teammate, Dakota Ayala, one of the better power forwards in the GNAC is going to WWU too.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    That's a really good get, Sweet is a proven, quality D2 player, who can score and shoot it well outside. No guessing if he can play in the GNAC, he's done it.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X