Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Emanuel Gant, a good 6-6 forward for WOU, is transferring out. Bummer, I really liked his game, tough rebounder, good passer and scorer. Had high hopes for him. His journey was interesting to come to WOU, Jim Shaw signed him out of an Arizona JC (where he was also a standout QB and also the all-time passing leader in Arizona high school football); he didn't make it into WOU, the Wolves stuck with him. Shaw re-signed him, new coach Pifer stuck with him.

I don't know the details of his departure, seemed like a good guy, hope he finds his niche somewhere. As a fan, I'm going to miss his game.
    Oooh. That is a major bummer. That kid was fun to watch. I thought if he could pick up where he left off he'd be in good position to be a major impact player next year and 1st team all-conference....

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post

Oooh. That is a major bummer. That kid was fun to watch. I thought if he could pick up where he left off he'd be in good position to be a major impact player next year and 1st team all-conference....
      I don't get it, WOU waited more than a year to get him, signing him twice. He missed part of the season this year, maybe trying to get eligible, I don't know. WOU stuck by him for a long time and he bails? Verbal commits said he was transferring, not quitting basketball. Before I get too judgmental, I don't know what happened, whether it was a mutual decision with the coaching staff or not. I also realize there are not a ton of WOU fans and most don't know about this, and before the internet no one would no about it until the season started. It just seems odd all the way around. I believe at this stage NAIA with their flexible eligibility requirements, might be his only option. The whole thing seems weird ... oh well, college is a trying time for young kids. I hope he does well wherever he lands. I liked his hustle and talent.

Comment

CWU picks up Eastern Arizona forward from Davis HS in Yakima, Collin Kelley. Was 2 time CBBN conference Defensive POY in high school. https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/..._medium=social

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          CWU picks up Eastern Arizona forward from Davis HS in Yakima, Collin Kelley. Was 2 time CBBN conference Defensive POY in high school. https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/..._medium=social
          Nice pick up, the Arizona JC league is a good one, NNU's three best players the last two years came from that conference.

Comment

WOU's Emanuel Gant to UT Tyler ... hey, he flipped the script: Leaving a 19-8 (13-7 in league) team to join an 8-19 (5-17) team ... guess he can be "the man" there, at least he better hope so, they're not good.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              WOU's Emanuel Gant to UT Tyler ... hey, he flipped the script: Leaving a 19-8 (13-7 in league) team to join an 8-19 (5-17) team ... guess he can be "the man" there, at least he better hope so, they're not good.

Comment

Interesting story, I thought Gant was a guy who would start next year at WOU. That said, I do know he was recruited and signed by the previous coach and then signed again by the new coach, Wes Pifer. I've heard Pifer stands for the right things: academics, citizenship, etc. (not that the previous coach did not), so I'm wondering if grades came into play with Gant ... I don't know. I think he'll be UT-Tyler's best player or close to their best player next year. WOU stuck by him for a very long time when it appeared he was going to slip through the cracks, so I was hoping he'd in turn honor the school. Then again, I don't know exactly what happened. Luckily WOU signed two very good JC forwards for next year.

Comment

Last edited by Anchorage; 05-28-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I'm very excited about the off-season for the Wolves. They signed two 6-7 JC guys who look like they're very athletic on film: Cameron Benzel of Umpqau (Oregon) and Eilhu Cobb of College of the Sequoias (California). They are still on a 6-4 shooting guard from San Diego, whose prep film blew me away with his very deep shooting range and great hops Then again, most HUDL tapes are great, but he looked really good. I hope they get him.

I'm equally as pleased with 3 guys they redshirted. One was Etan Collins, a good power forward who started as a true frosh in 2018-19, not sure why he redshirted last year, I just know he's good and hope he comes back. Drew Rippingham (Lassen and Umpqua) is a fine sharp-shooting JC guard, who redshirted; and R.J. Velez had a nice prep career in Woodburn (Oregon) and redshirted as a frosh last year, he's a point guard.

On the down note, very disappointed Emanuel Gant transferred out, as noted here a couple times. He brought a lot to the team, but it's time to move on. Wolves now seem to have depth at most positions.

Comment

Comment

I thought UAA and CWU both had outstanding recruiting seasons, with a fine mix of transfers and excellent preps coming in. I didn't follow WWU or St. Martin's that heavily on the recruiting trail this spring.

I'm thinking NNU will pick it up this summer, they usually add an outstanding JC player; and I don't think Western Oregon is done just yet.

Comment

duplicate post
                          Last edited by tsull; 05-30-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

NNU picked up their annual quality JC player in Brandon Recek this week, a 6-6 forward from Yuba (California) CC. Watched his tape, can really shoot it -- 45% from 3 this year, and can really jump. He'll make an immediate impact for NNU.

Comment

Comment

Nice pick up, he had some good games as a freshman and comes from a great high school program. UAA very aggressive and successful on the recruiting trail this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X