Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacWest resumes

A couple of teams started Thursday, but the whole conference has been in action today, and Biola-Chaminade is still going, now beginning its 4th overtime as I type this tied at 101-101. Azusa looks good (11-3, 6-2 in conference already), Concordia-Irvine is unbeaten in conference play after surviving a scare at Academy of Art this afternoon (the Eagles visit Azusa on Thursday), and Point Loma is off to a good start despite losing their coach and best player from last season.

Teams with an actual chance of reaching the regional (listed by current spot in conference standings):

1. Concordia (11-3, 5-0)
    2. Point Loma (8-3, 4-1)
    3. Azusa Pacific (11-3, 6-2)
    4. Biola (9-4, 5-2)
    5. Chaminade (6-5, 4-2)
    Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 01-04-2020, 09:50 PM. Reason: Updated standings after Biola beat Chaminade 113-107 in 4OT

Wow. 4 OTs. Sounds like a battle. Biola really seems to have made the adjustment to D2 pretty quickly. Let us know how APU and the Eagles fair this week!

Comment

I'll be working at that game, so I'll do my best. Point Loma at Chaminade might also be worth your while if you're up late Wednesday (tonight as I write this.)

Comment

Well, Point Loma passed its Hawaii test, surviving against Chaminade, 69-67. As for the Concordia-Azusa Pacific game, APU came out and punched Concordia right between the eyes. It was 17-2 before the Eagles even got into the game, and they never did get back within single digits. APU shot the lights out (68% for the game) and won 95-62. I would not want to be Concordia's next opponent right now. (For the record, that would be Fresno Pacific)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X