Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underdog week in the GNAC

A fair amount of underdogs got wins in the GNAC this week with of course UAF taking down SPU on Thursday and NNU clobbering WWU. Tonight, CWU clobbers WWU and the Saints come in and nip Fairbanks in a mentally tough game for the Nooks to follow their big upset with. Main take-aways were that SMU should not be overlooked and UAF really got a taste of their own medicine in being disrupted offensively by a solid zone defense from the saints. The Saints only had 7 guys with them, but they played valiantly. UAF would get up by 10 or 12 and SMU would reel them back in over and over and then SMU hit 6 or 7 threes in a row down the stretch to get back in to it, take the lead and hang on...

I wonder what's up with WWU. I don't imagine they'll get their poop organized by Thursday when the Nooks come to town??? Seems like the league is really sporting a lot of parity this year; anybody can beat anyone else on any given night. Sure fun for fans, but I don't think it's going to help us with regional rankings this year!

Great week for CWU. They really needed that. Now in 7th, 2 games out of playoff spot. But a whole month left. We need to win these next 2 vs NNU and MSUB.

Big win vs Western despite a pathetic crowd. No excuse for that crowd. Athletics clearly didn't do enough to promote the game. Free shirts are not going to cut it.

Comment

What's wrong with 1500 fans? The only thing that I could see from WWU's press release is that they've had to have 3 consecutive games with 3 different starting lineups due to injury. Apparently Rojas was out with injury... Sorry WWU, that's not a good enough excuse; SPU has been without Long for a while now, Anchorage changes it's starting lineup pretty much weekly. With that much talent, it would seem they should be able to adapt to some adversity.

Comment

No way they had 1500 fans there. Most of the upper half of the bleachers were wide open with plenty of gaps in the lower half too. It appeared to be the worst crowd they have ever had at that game maybe ever.

Comment

Big win for CWU. It's long past time to keep crowning WWU before every season.

Also, 1,500 is a great D2 crowd, it's not like CWU's been killing it this year to attract the average fan.

UAF score surprised me. WOU scored a ton this week in two wins.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X