Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win by UAF!

Hell yeah! Nice job vs. WWU.

Shabazz 43 points (!!) for UAF in Bellingham, 7 of 9 from 3-point land, 14 of 24 overall from the field, team shoots over 50% from the field and 3-point line. Wow, impressive. Shabazz runaway player of the year, IMO, first or second team All-American. Sparling and Leep early front runners for coach of the year.

Comment

Great win for UAF. Shabazz is a real player.

The wheels are starting to come off for UAA a little bit. All-GNAC player Tyler Brimhall is done for the year from what I hear is injury related. He has struggled with this injuries all season leading to some very inconsistent play. I know not being able to play at the level he did last year had to be frustrating for him.

Oggie Pantovic was not allowed into Canada for last nights game with Simon Fraser. My understanding is he had all the paperwork but was simply denied access.

Comment

Agree, great win for UAF (but the onus is really on WWU; they are not playing well). A few observations anyone?
        • Shabazz is great. I'd like to see him talk less with other teams. Things got chippy late in the game yesterday and He's really been on the edge of picking up technicals a few times; those can really kill you if you pick them up at the wrong moment! Sparling picked up his 400 win last night too (https://alaskananooks.com/news/2020/...ellingham.aspx). He did thank his community at CWU for helping him get to this point, so props to you CWU Wildcat Nation; obviously you have been a long time fan... Meanwhile, UAF has won one, lost one every week since the New Year, so I'd like to see them win two in one week... Will it be this week or next? Just like last week, it doesn't mean that much to beat WWU if you can't follow that up with beating SFU, it just adds to the conference confusion.
        • UAA... It's not uncommon for players to be denied entry into Canada for this road game (it happens with regularity actually). My guess is that Kachjaani (from South Sudan) will not get in tomorrow. UAA got pounded on the boards and 2nd chance points and they don't have depth at Pantovic's spot, so that hurt. I had wondered about Brimhall as he has just been fading with less and less time and he was terrific last year. Really hard to have a senior year like that!
        • WWU... Is at least 6 inches taller than UAF at every position, they had spectacular dunks in the first half and for some reason insisted on shooting a lot of 3s in the second half and they were bricking. I have no idea why they didn't keep pounding it inside. They are, as always, individually very talented, but as per usual, do not really have a great system and so seem very easy push them out of whatever system they are playing that night...

Comment

One correction northern, it always means something to beat WWU, even with a split on the road. Savor the victory over those guys, each and every time!

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            One correction northern, it always means something to beat WWU, even with a split on the road. Savor the victory over those guys, each and every time!
            I forgot one more observation:
            • Tsull... You are so impatient (with regard to your posts about WOU @ SPU!). But it's hysterical. I was impatient with Sparling and the Nooks in general last year, you have a hard time making it to half-time. At least you own it though!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post

I forgot one more observation:
              • Tsull... You are so impatient (with regard to your posts about WOU @ SPU!). But it's hysterical. I was impatient with Sparling and the Nooks in general last year, you have a hard time making it to half-time. At least you own it though!
              I wasn't happy with that halftime score obviously. Great comeback. When they're on, WOU can play with anyone. When they get lazy on D, they can lose to anyone.

Raising a microbrew toast to UAF for their win in Bellingham!

Comment

Northern, you got your sweep.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X