Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be hard for PLNU to pass SPU given the head-to-head.

Comment

I think they will with this bad loss for SPU. We shall see

Comment

Wow. Azusa Pacific loses for the first time in three months and Biola has a chance to be a bid thief in their first season of eligibility.

Comment

Just an incredible turn of events in Azusa tonight. Cal state San Bernardino is sweating!!! Any chance CPP can move to 2 seed? Lost a last second game to APU way back to the first game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBronco3 View Post
            Just an incredible turn of events in Azusa tonight. Cal state San Bernardino is sweating!!! Any chance CPP can move to 2 seed? Lost a last second game to APU way back to the first game of the season.
            I don't think it's likely. Even with a win over UCSD, they'll be close enough numerically to APU that the head-to-head would apply.

Comment

Go go Anchorage! The absolute worst thing that could happen is for those greaseballs from wwu to win this thing.

Comment

Can't say I care much about this GNAC title game. Not the Alaska team I was rooting for. Oh well.

Comment

I wish the region would create a super Saturday day and have the title games go on back to back to back, instead of the same time, so we can watch them all. Oh well, my two cents. Today's predictions:

UCSD 73 Cal Poly Pomona 63
                  Western Washington 74 alaska A 66
                  PT Loma 79 Biola 77
                  ???

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBronco3 View Post
                    I wish the region would create a super Saturday day and have the title games go on back to back to back, instead of the same time, so we can watch them all. Oh well, my two cents. Today's predictions:

UCSD 73 Cal Poly Pomona 63
                    Western Washington 74 alaska A 66
                    PT Loma 79 Biola 77
                    ???
                    I agree with you Billy, that would be cool to stagger the games!

So... it's pretty known that these GNAC teams are NOT my favorites either, but I'll be rooting for UAA today. While I dislike their coach (because he brings this toxicity to the Patty Center every year and then gets praised as the next Pope when he loses at Concordia and it drives me bonkers), once the annual rivalry games are over and one can see that UAF had a great season, all things considered, I can definitely appreciate how well UAA is playing now and they definitely deserve to be in the final tomorrow. So if I'm not cheering for Rusty tomorrow, I'm cheering for the guys anyhow. A little shaky on the finish yesterday missing the front end of free throws that could have all but iced the game, but having Brimhall back as a productive player has really helped them be a bit more of a "complete" team. If they can find the gas to get through a 3rd game straight and win, I like their chances of representing the GNAC better at regional level of play more than WWU's. Don't get me wrong, WWU is talented, they just consistently underperform and are pretty aloof about their talent when with that talent at another school, they'd be a regular regional contender. Pantovic is probably the best true power-forward in the league and when their guards balance three point shooting with driving and getting it inside to him, and they play defense akin to yesterdays, they could compete with anyone. Since they don't have depth at Pantovic's position, it'll be key for him to stay out of foul trouble while still slowing down some of WWU's many bigs, which will be a lot to ask. I predict he'll get into foul trouble tonight and the question will be can WWU exploit that and can the rest of UAA hit behind the three point line to make up for it... You can live and die at the three point line, but lately they've showed that they are aware of that and been more balanced in their play. Big question will be fatigue and can they stay sharp today, I think. I like them at 78 to 72 over WWU. The second Rusty starts treating the reffs like they should rot in hell and claiming they are personally responsible for "changing" the outcome, I go into the same camp as CWU Wildcat Nation in not caring who wins...

Comment

I started the thread on Rusty being kind to Concordia. I thought it was a good thing to do. More importantly, coach Rhodes praised it. I have no I'll will towards coach and I would've even pointed that out had the WWU coach had done it.

I wanted an all-Alaska final. Nevertheless, go UAA!

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                        I started the thread on Rusty being kind to Concordia. I thought it was a good thing to do. More importantly, coach Rhodes praised it. I have no I'll will towards coach and I would've even pointed that out had the WWU coach had done it.

I wanted an all-Alaska final. Nevertheless, go UAA!
                        It was a good thing to do, make no doubt about that. I Know he's a passionate fellow, but I don't understand why he brings so much toxic energy to Fairbanks. I could go on, but those outside of Alaska and those that haven't attended at UAA/UAF game IN FAIRBANKS in recent times haven't seen Rusty at his worst. I'd be super happy to see him come into Fairbanks next year and just be classy, passionate, but in control. It would go a long way toward getting me to hate him less...

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post

It was a good thing to do, make no doubt about that. I Know he's a passionate fellow, but I don't understand why he brings so much toxic energy to Fairbanks. I could go on, but those outside of Alaska and those that haven't attended at UAA/UAF game IN FAIRBANKS in recent times haven't seen Rusty at his worst. I'd be super happy to see him come into Fairbanks next year and just be classy, passionate, but in control. It would go a long way toward getting me to hate him less...
                          He saves all that up for his one trip a year to Fairbanks to tweek you guys up there. Makes the rivalry a little bit better when you guys hate us down here in Anchorage.

Comment

Pantovic is in foul trouble, UAA is playing one on one and way out of system. They look gassed as the first half wraps up. They'll need a lot of adjustments at the half...

Comment

San Bernardino's fans can breathe easy after Brock Mackenzie banks in a three at the buzzer in overtime to give Point Loma the PacWest title, 98-95!
                              Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 03-08-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I feel so bad Biola and their head coach. They played so hard this weekend.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X