Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Conference Teams?

Anybody want to throw together their team before the announcements come out tomorrow or wednesday? Would be cool to see the names of players from the PacWest and CCAA too, that should be watched for when we get to regionals. Maybe I'll try to get a list for first team GNAC up sometime today...

Player of the year: Shabazz, UAF.
    Newcomer of the year: Alley, NNU. Is there a newcomer award?
    Coach of the year: Leep, SPU.
    Defensive player of the year: Not sure, can't get to the stats right now.

All-Conference first team
    Shabazz
    Alley
    Moffitt (SPU)
    Brusher (WOU)
    Jasinsky (WWU)

Comment

POTY - Shabazz UAF
      NOTY - ? Shabazz?
      DPOTY - Adetunji NNU
      FOTY - Anderson SPU
      Coach - Leep SPU

First Team: Shabazz UAF, Howard MSUB, Moffitt SPU, Pantovic UAA, Bezzant (or should it be Alley?) NNU, Brushier WOU

Second Team: Cavell SPU, Karlberg UAA, Alley/Bezzant NNU, Green WWU, Jasinsky WWU, Gant WOU

HM: Anderson SPU, Hosley UAA, Bevens UAA, Lucas CWU, Shilder WWU, Lubom WOU, Adetunji NNU, Richmond MSUB, Green MSUB, & Jennings SMU

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
        POTY - Shabazz UAF
        NOTY - ? Shabazz?
        DPOTY - Adetunji NNU
        FOTY - Anderson SPU
        Coach - Leep SPU

First Team: Shabazz UAF, Howard MSUB, Moffitt SPU, Pantovic UAA, Bezzant (or should it be Alley?) NNU, Brushier WOU

Second Team: Cavell SPU, Karlberg UAA, Alley/Bezzant NNU, Green WWU, Jasinsky WWU, Gant WOU

HM: Anderson SPU, Hosley UAA, Bevens UAA, Lucas CWU, Shilder WWU, Lubom WOU, Adetunji NNU, Richmond MSUB, Green MSUB, & Jennings SMU
        Good call on Spider Adetunji for defensive player of the year, great shot blocker and presence inside. He really came into his own this year. From everything I've heard, great guy, too.

Also, yeah, I should've put Shabazz on newcomer of the year, too, that's rather obvious; though if they're going to spread the wealth on awards Alley gets newcomer of the year.

Comment

Looks like there are these honors as noted by Northern. Arms won both player and newcomer of the year honors. I think Northern is going to hit 100% on the predictions.

Player of the Year
          Coach of the Year
          Newcomer of the Year
          Freshman of the Year
          Defensive player of the year

Comment

PacWest will put theirs out tomorrow afternoon. I'd make predictions, but I've already seen the list, which kind of takes the fun out of it.

Comment

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...ll-conference/

Here is the GNAC. Shabazz swept the Player, Newcomer, and Defensive awards. I thought Moffitt or Brushier could've gotten POY to spread out the awards. Moffitt was huge to SPU's great season. I don't recall a player ever taking 3 of the top awards before. It is deserved because he did have a great season, but moffitt was huge for SPU

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...ll-conference/

Here is the GNAC. Shabazz swept the Player, Newcomer, and Defensive awards. I thought Moffitt or Brushier could've gotten POY to spread out the awards. Moffitt was huge to SPU's great season. I don't recall a player ever taking 3 of the top awards before. It is deserved because he did have a great season, but moffitt was huge for SPU
                Agree on a guy getting 3 awards, a bit much, maybe Cavell as defensive player of the year all by himself instead of sharing it. That's sort of an arbitrary award not usually based on stats anyway. I would've flip-flopped Alley and Bezzant, Alley to 1st, Bezzant to 2nd, though when Bezzant returned to the floor, NNU became a different team. That said, Alley was nearly unstoppable, especially down the stretch. I also would've had WOU's 6th man, Emanuel Gant, as honorable mention, when he got eligible WOU stepped it up a notch. But I'm just nitpicking, overall they did a great job with the selections.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Agree on a guy getting 3 awards, a bit much, maybe Cavell as defensive player of the year all by himself instead of sharing it. That's sort of an arbitrary award not usually based on stats anyway. I would've flip-flopped Alley and Bezzant, Alley to 1st, Bezzant to 2nd, though when Bezzant returned to the floor, NNU became a different team. That said, Alley was nearly unstoppable, especially down the stretch. I also would've had WOU's 6th man, Emanuel Gant, as honorable mention, when he got eligible WOU stepped it up a notch. But I'm just nitpicking, overall they did a great job with the selections.
                  I think it's hard to deny that he deserves the three awards though. I agree that it's more fun to spread the awards out. He leads the NATION in steals, he's more than 10 points ahead of the next guy in the GNAC in scoring and he leads in assists too. How can you not give the national leader in steals a share of the defensive award?

Just learned watching WOU and UAF play that Gant sat out the first 6 weeks with injury. He is very deserving of all conference award, but I think coaches generally look at who does damage over the entire season... He'll be lethal next year though; he's a very, very well rounded player.

Comment

PacWest's awards:

POY: Selom Mawugbe (APU), Defender: Kendall Small (Chaminade), Freshman: Isaac Amaral-Arthree (Chaminade), Newcomer: Darnell Robateau (Point Loma), Coach: Peter Bond (APU)

1st team: Mawugbe, Jake Spurgeon (APU), Tyler Cartaino (Chaminade), Kaden Anderson (Point Loma), Stefan Milivojevic (ArtU), Aamondae Coleman (FPU)

2nd team: Michael Bagatourian (Biola), Rob McCoy (CUI), Andre Green (CUI), Robateau, Small, Kupaa Harrison (UH Hilo)

3rd team: Ronald Blain (HPU), Josh Hill (ArtU), Brennan Rymer (APU), Jordan May (Point Loma), Sterling Somers (Point Loma), Jordan Williams (Dominican)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X