Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great opening game

WOU-UAF is turning into a great one, god Shabazz is good. I can think of every Big Sky team that he could start on. What a quick release and great shot.

Jeez though, that intentional foul called on Shabazz sure hurt the Nooks. Video replay and announcers showed nothing even hinting that he tripped Lubom and announcers thought it would be waved off but it wasn't and really the game was tied then and that call lead to a huge run on points for WOU. Grrrrrr.

Comment

Not sure the 3-point percentages, but at half, WOU is lights out from 3, incredible. That said, Shabazz hit some flat out insane shots with hands in his face, on his body, whatever, a couple of 4-point plays, I think, at least one, maybe two. Just amazing, unguardablle stuff, haven't even seen stuff like that in the Pac-12 this year. Wow.

Comment

Wow, WOU cannot miss from three. This is just the same darn story for the Nooks this season in that they have a lot of teams get really hot from outside and they are not uncontested shots either. Huge momentum shift with that intentional foul call and then lights out shooting by WOU leads to a big first half hole for the Nooks.

Comment

It's evening out, Shabazz is going to get 50 ... incredible.

Comment

WOU has no answer for him, and if you're shooting 66% from 3 in the first half, you're not going to do that all game. Time for a different strategy as Cranston bombs an airball.

Comment

Last shot was 10 on a difficulty scale, UAF cuts it to 3 ... WOU needs to double him every time, just leave someone else open.

Comment

tied up, WOU very careless and sloppy with the ball, good grief, quit jacking 3's, that hot streak of 3's? That's over.

Comment

UAF leading, WOU looks lost and stupid right now. Put some different guys in, these guys are playing awful.

Comment

Okay. I can't stay frustrated too long... UAF has had a great season regardless of what transpires over the next 30 mins! Considering they were a bit of a dumpster fire 12 months ago, it's great fun to watch them this year.

Random factoid. This winter in Fairbanks has been the coldest in 40 years (it was -38 F this morning). Several announcers have wondered on video feeds this year why Shabazz is in Fairbanks. I don't know the answer to that question, but seeing the fall out from Sparling's departure from CWU would lead one to believe he inspires quite some loyalty. The question is... does Shabazz feel any loyalty to Fairbanks or Sparling?

Craziness on the court right now as the Nooks take the lead, then WOU returns it... Phew.

Comment

Nooks Win! Even without Shabazz as he fouled out, they kept their heads screwed on straight, hit a huge bucket to put them up by 3 with 6 seconds left and WOU made a great play, maybe one pass too many, but they got the attempt at a three off, but it didn't go.

Comment

I had to return to my job, man WOU just had no answer for Shabazz all season. What a crushing defeat, keeps them out of regionals, choke city, though props UAF for the big win. I said at the beginning of the year, when you have a superstar, you can beat anyone. Shabazz with 42, unstoppable.

Comment

UAA takes down NNU.

Comment

Comment

Big day for the Alaska schools, great victories. Both schools have players that are very tough to guard, Brimhall, Shabazz, etc. If you don't guard those people, you lose.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X