Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Oregon's best player transferring

Well crap, Darius Lubom is transferring. I really liked his game and thought he was their best player. The Jim Shaw players are slowly trickling out of the program. I hope he finds a place to play, it's a tricky year to be transferring.

I saw an interview with him where he said Western Oregon recruited him when he was young and it was his school and he always wanted to be there. I guess not.

Ouch! I wonder why a top PG is transferring away from a strong program like that. Huge blow to the Wolves. They will now have to find a new PG. Is Salinas going to step up? Ir a JUCO transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      Ouch! I wonder why a top PG is transferring away from a strong program like that. Huge blow to the Wolves. They will now have to find a new PG. Is Salinas going to step up? Ir a JUCO transfer?
      I've heard they're pretty happy with Salinas' progress, but losing their top player who only has one year to go and is probably on track to graduate seems kind of weird.

Maybe he thinks he's a division one player but in mid-summer there's not a lot of D1 schools taking transfers, especially from division 2. In my opinion, a career killing move, maybe he's done with the sport and done with collegiate athletics, you never know.

Comment

Hate to be a grump, but I still don't get Lubom leaving. One year to graduation, in a pandemic, few teams are taking transfers, he starts at WOU, is their best player. From everything I've heard good student, good guy, good citizen. I'm bored, but I had to write this: What the hell? Don't get it, never will. Gant, I sort of get, seems his collegiate career has been off-kilter since leaving JC ball. Lubom is a strange one. If he was going to be like the CWU guy who went to USF and had success, I would get it. I don't think he's that guy ... and it appears he hasn't landed anywhere.

I guess I gotta remember what it's like to be a college student ... the best decisions aren't always made.

Comment

Lubom to CSU-San Bernadino, D2 in So Cal. WOU asst. Jordan Jamestown was also hired there, thus the connection. Glad to see him land on his feet, good guy, fine player.

Like former teammate Gant (UT Tyler), too bad they had to transfer to lesser programs ... sorry, couldn't help but dish the smack. They've got guys ki$$ing their behinds all over Twitter, might as well bring them back to earth.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X