• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Winter Sports Athletes Granted Extra Year of Eligibility

https://twitter.com/hd_dirtking/stat...808562176?s=21

Thanks, Anchorage, good to hear.

Comment

Oh great, we get to deal with Shadeed Shabazz for an extra season. But good news still

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        Oh great, we get to deal with Shadeed Shabazz for an extra season. But good news still
        I actually think Shabazz will have a European pro contract lined up by then.

In reading Western Oregon's site, I was surprised to see quite a few athletes not opt for that extra year, including the Wolves best softball player, a potential All-American. She was ready to move on with her life and had lined up a good job.

I think you will see that in all sports where some guys are done with it have their degree and they're ready to graduate. There are also be a lot of athletes who will rrturn and embrace it. I think it will be 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

I actually think Shabazz will have a European pro contract lined up by then.

I think you will see that in all sports where some guys are done with it have their degree and they're ready to graduate. There are also be a lot of athletes who will rrturn and embrace it. I think it will be 50/50.
          Wait, so you don't think Shabazz would want to spend ANOTHER winter in beautiful Fairbanks, Alaska?

Comment

Comment

Great stuff Anchorage and I think it will make recruiting tricky. I hope prep kids don't get left out of the loop. I've always been a big advocate of redshirting, so this is sort of like that. I think redshirting at the D2 level is really good. It's rare to get an off-the-charts freshman at D2, those guys are going D1. Guys like WWU's Hommes had knee problems, WOU's Avgi was going to play football at OSU until a change of heart, and so forth. You're finding guys who slipped between the cracks. The studs don't need redshirting, a lot of other guys do.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Great stuff Anchorage and I think it will make recruiting tricky. I hope prep kids don't get left out of the loop. I've always been a big advocate of redshirting, so this is sort of like that. I think redshirting at the D2 level is really good. It's rare to get an off-the-charts freshman at D2, those guys are going D1. Guys like WWU's Hommes had knee problems, WOU's Avgi was going to play football at OSU until a change of heart, and so forth. You're finding guys who slipped between the cracks. The studs don't need redshirting, a lot of other guys do.
                100% agree. So few HS kids coming in are ready for the speed and strength of the game. Redshirting to work on their body, skills and academics will only make their career that much more effective.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X