Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFU up on NNU

Simon Fraser leads 55-53 with 10 minutes left, Arms and Megwa a combined 4 of 21; Bezzant (Mr. Reliable for NNU) is 5 of 6. Maybe they can pass him the ball more often. SFU 3 guys in double figures and owning the boards.

Re: SFU up on NNU

WOW -- near 5- to 10-minute break in the action looking at video, and now they go back to look at it again with 1:05 left. Holy cow, bad officiating. How do you spend nearly 10 minutes looking at a freaking video. Horrific.

Comment

NNU wins by 1 after Arms misses two free throws, SFU casually goes down court with 8 seconds left and of course, the players are fascinated by that 3-point line, guy jacks a 3 from 30-feet out ... why? Could've pushed the ball and got a 2 and won it. Roche missed a previous 21-footer with 9 seconds left to win it. Never needed a 3, stupid playing by SFU. We'll see this throughout mark in D-1 to NAIA, people not knowing the score and thinking they always need 3. Amazing Clan, really?

Comment

Arms and Megwa, 8 of 26 from the floor; Bezzant of course has a great game, 19 points on 6 of 8 shooting.

Comment

Oh gosh. What a discombobulated ending. SFU had ample opportunity to win that in the last minute after the extremely long reffing review which basically killed any rhythm for either team and then SFU took two ill-advised 3 pointers when all they needed was to bust hard for the hoop for a layup. I thought SFU was the better team tonight and certainly had every opportunity to win, but their inexperience showed in that last minute. NNU; well they were a collection of talented players tonight, but not a great team. Almost thought their continued trouble with accumulating technicals would cost them the game, but SFU kinda gave it them at the end. Also thought the reffing was really discombobulated letting it be far to rough to start the game, and then tightening up a bit too much and just really taking too long to review things and kind of killing the game. Will the player that was ejected be allowed to play tomorrow (not sure if there is some kind of rule that if you get ejected or 2 technicals if you have to sit a game?) Weird game. Wanted to see the better team get through, but NNU has the chance to get more organized and see if they can get back to what got them to this tournament tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
            Oh gosh. What a discombobulated ending. SFU had ample opportunity to win that in the last minute after the extremely long reffing review which basically killed any rhythm for either team and then SFU took two ill-advised 3 pointers when all they needed was to bust hard for the hoop for a layup. I thought SFU was the better team tonight and certainly had every opportunity to win, but their inexperience showed in that last minute. NNU; well they were a collection of talented players tonight, but not a great team. Almost thought their continued trouble with accumulating technicals would cost them the game, but SFU kinda gave it them at the end. Also thought the reffing was really discombobulated letting it be far to rough to start the game, and then tightening up a bit too much and just really taking too long to review things and kind of killing the game. Will the player that was ejected be allowed to play tomorrow (not sure if there is some kind of rule that if you get ejected or 2 technicals if you have to sit a game?) Weird game. Wanted to see the better team get through, but NNU has the chance to get more organized and see if they can get back to what got them to this tournament tomorrow...
            The last 3 hit the top of the board; Roche's 3 with 9 seconds left was stupid, just take a guy to the hoop. Despite the announcer saying SFU was down 2 (he had 10 minutes of no play to look at the scoreboard), the Clan were down 1 freaking point. I just hate it when teams get obsessed over the 3-ball when it's not needed. Just amazing, had two shots to win it and decided to jack 3's ... congrats NNU, Bezzant is a baller.

Comment

I watched the second half. I'm sorry Northwest Nazerene doesn't look like a tourney team. Yes, what a ridiculous three by SF at the end of the game. He almost shot it over the backboard! should have called timeout.

Chaminade and Apu advanced, although APU looked very shaky against a weak Art U team.

Comment

To play devil's advocate though, I'm not sure that SFU put up those 3 pointers out of the desire to nail a 3 to end the game. To me, it looked like inexperience and hastiness speaking. The first 3 that Roche took, it looked like they all got a little timid and nobody wanted to take the shot and were just playing not to lose rather than to win and Roche may have thought he didn't have the time to do anything else. The second 3 they took after Arm's missed FTs, it is hard to say what he was thinking. You got 8 seconds left and you slowly dribble up and then take a 3. IDK. The guy is going to hate himself regardless, because there was plenty of time to just go hard for a layup and get yourself to the FT line to tie or win or at least make an effort that makes sense. In the end, I'm sure that guy has become aware that he just handed that game to NNU on a silver platter. He'll be smarter next time around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X