• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Championship Games

#2 Concordia vs #1 Pt Loma
    #2 UCSD vs #1 CPP
    #4 Western Oregon vs #2 Sea Pacific.

I reserve my comments for Tomm. To tired to think after that 4 ot game.

Re: Saturday Championship Games

I would have thought last night's win would be enough for Western Oregon to play themselves into the field...except that Concordia was the team in the 8 slot. If either one loses, have they done enough to get the nod over #7 Northwest Nazarene? Also, looking at the computer numbers that came out with the rankings, if Point Loma wins today, they're hosting.

On the women's side, it's more straight-forward. Alaska-Anchorage and Northwest Nazarene, Round 3, for the #2 seed at the regional, while Hawai'i Pacific is playing for Dominican's #8 spot (yes, HPU just beat Dominican in the PacWest tourney, but the Penguins still won both regular season matchups).
    Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 03-09-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

congratulations to the PT Loma sea lions, 2018-2019 regular season and tournament champions. Looks like they will host.

Comment

Originally posted by Billybronco01 View Post
        congratulations to the PT Loma sea lions, 2018-2019 regular season and tournament champions. Looks like they will host.
        Congrats, well-deserved by the Lions, probably best tesm in the region

Excited about regionals, hope WOU gets in. Beating red-hot SPU will be a challenge. Four straight years in the GNAC title game is fine with me.

Comment

I think you will win Tsull. I was very impressed with your boys in the second half, watching the replay. That lefty guard is very impressive.

Comment

I think you will win Tsull. I was very impressed with your boys in the second half, watching the replay. That lefty guard is very impressive.
            Yep, that lefty is Lubom, great player. SPU is on an amazing run right now, will be tough to win.

Comment

Great game so far at half with SPU up by 3 I think. Both teams really deserve to be in this game. WOU is so good at half time adjustments, but as Tsull already alluded to, SPU is just playing well right now and are certainly dealing with the WOU well so far.

Comment

broncos trying to hang in there but missing their all American point guard and are fatigued by last night

Comment

Hard to find fault in anything SPU did in the 2nd half. Playing phenomenally and it looks like WOU is not going to find the answer now. Wouldn't us GNACers love to see Leep and Looney meet up at Regionals?!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                    Hard to find fault in anything SPU did in the 2nd half. Playing phenomenally and it looks like WOU is not going to find the answer now. Wouldn't us GNACers love to see Leep and Looney meet up at Regionals?!
                    Congrats to the SPU Falcons, what a run they're on right now, I believe it's now 12 straight. Incredible. They really put it together this year, some fine players and great coaching. They deserved it. Holding my breath for WOU to get into regionals. They split with NNU in a close loss and big win, they should get in, but you never know. Tough to beat SPU right now.

Comment

yeah sea pac made some amazing shots. Congratulations to UCSD as well. My broncos fought to the last second short handed, but couldn't make enough shots. I really hope the committee doesn't match the two CCAA teams back again in the first round. That would be beyond dumb.

Comment

yeah sea pac made some amazing shots. Congratulations to UCSD as well. My broncos fought to the last second short handed, but couldn't make enough shots. I really hope the committee doesn't match the two CCAA teams back again in the first round. That would be beyond dumb.
                        Tough to win after a 4-OT game. Great effort.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X