Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selection Sunday

All the battles of the regular season come down to today. Here is how I think the committee will go.

1. PT Loma vs. 8 Western Oregon
    2. St Martin's vs 7. Chaminade
    3. Sea Pac vs 6. Concordia
    4. UCSD vs. 5 CPP

I know I will be EXTREMELY upset if the committee matches up the two CCAA teams up in the first round. It Would be a total disgrace to the system. That's like putting North Carolina and Duke playing in the first round of the tournament after meeting for a third time in the ACC finals just last week. Hopefully someone can get a clue on that committee!

Re: Selection Sunday

I think it's worth considering that Point Loma played every single non-conference game at home. As far as I understand, that does impact your numbers because a win at home against another very good team is not worth quite as many points as a win against the same team on the road. I think it's also worth considering that Point Loma left the state of California once all season, to go to Hawaii for a 3 game road stretch. Point Loma's record is a bit sharper than Saint Martin's but Saint Martin has travelled way more and beat Point Loma @ Point Loma. In the end though, I think Point Loma will win out because Saint Martin's slipped this week in letting WOU get them and because that might have been one too many slips in order to host. Will the West region be happier to go to San Diego than to Olympia? Sure, that too. Here's my prediction:

1) Point Loma (hosting)
    2) Seattle Pacific
    3) Saint Martin's
    4) UC San Diego
    5) Concordia
    6) Cal Poly
    7) Chaminade
    8) Western Oregon

This really should make everyone happy, right? Nobody has to play a conference foe in the first round and it seems rather unanimous on here that Wester Oregon won out this week over NNU who had a bad last week at home and not a great tournament either.

Comment

Comment

What time are the selections going to be announced?

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          What time are the selections going to be announced?
          https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...day-1030-pm-et

This page seems to have all of the links to see the announcement this evening as well as many other useful facts and tidbits. Sure wish the West Region would run their regional tournament on the same schedule as the rest of the country. I'm going to be out in the field till Sunday night this week, so will miss games played on Friday and Saturday... I'm expecting good reports on here so I can catch up on what happened before seeing the Championship game for the region and seeing who we send to the Elite Eight.

Comment

Just saw the women's brackets:

1 UCSD vs. 8 Dominican
            4 APU vs. 5 Cal Poly Pomona
            3 Alaska-Anchorage vs. 6 Hawaii Pacific
            2 NW Nazarene vs. 7 Humboldt

I'm a little surprised Simon Fraser got bumped, but HPU won their way in and someone had to give up their spot.

Comment

Anyone finding the men's video announcement? The women's popped right up on the link from the twitter page, but the men's link keeps routing me back to a page that doesn't seem to be where the announcements are??? :curse:

Comment

yes go to the division 2 twitter account. Pt loma officially announced as host.

Comment

the committee blew it. Somehow matched the two co-champs together from the CCAA in the first round. Unbelievable. Why don't you match up duke and UNC in round 1 while your at it??? CPP went 14-1 in the their last 15 games and dropped two spots from the original ranking of 3, yet Sea PAC who i get has won 15 straight, ends up at 2, even though they were run off the court by the CCAA 7th place team. Also UCSD beat St Martin's by 30 as well. I don't get the committee hate for the CCAA. All this way to play a league member in round 1. what a joke you are committee!

Comment

Sorry Billy. I think everyone but for the CCAA is happy with the bracket. I'm not sure why they couldn't see the benefit of rewarding Concordia for making to their tourney championship game and flip flopping CPP and Concordia (as they did with SPU and SMU)... That side of the regional bracket with PLNU, WOU, UCSD, and CPP seems to be the brutal side to me.

Comment

Thanks. Researching it further, there was only 1 other same league vs same league match up in the entire draw of 64, which was a 1 vs 8 on a surprise automatically qualify bid. The whole purpose of the National tournament is to see what u got against the other leagues. I can tell you first hand the admin of UCSD and CPP are livid. What makes it even more crazy is that CCAA only had to two teams make it, which makes it easier to separate. That's what you get when u pay attention more to a computer than common sense. Now CPP has to play basically a road game Friday night. Thanks for letting me vent!

Comment

Darn I was hoping to see NW Nazarene make it. But that loss to WOU knocked them out

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                          Darn I was hoping to see NW Nazarene make it. But that loss to WOU knocked them out
                          I think with NNU it came down to scheduling, last two games (though at home) were vs. St. Martin's and a red-hot SPU team. Two narrow losses. They win one of those, they might be in. So they end up losing 3 of last 4, WOU wins 3 of the last 4. I wouldn't want to finish the season vs. SMU and SPU, at home or away. WOU lost on the road at WWU and beat SFU the last weekend. I'm super pumped my alma mater is in the regionals, their scheduling and their play in the conference tourney helped.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X