Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching the games tonight?

So, it looks like the game is going thru Point Loma's stretch internet site and is charging nearly $9 to watch???? What? I thought once the games were officially part of the NCAA tournament, they had to be free to view? Have you guys all been paying to watch the first games on Friday and Saturday? I could have sworn that Stump told us that they can't charge once we get to regional tournaments? I'm so annoyed. Someone clue me in if there is a way around the charge to watch the game tonight. It's not a matter of having the money to view the game, it's just the creation of road blocks in being a DII fan. Did I mention how annoyed I am?

Re: Watching the games tonight?

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    So, it looks like the game is going thru Point Loma's stretch internet site and is charging nearly $9 to watch???? What? I thought once the games were officially part of the NCAA tournament, they had to be free to view? Have you guys all been paying to watch the first games on Friday and Saturday? I could have sworn that Stump told us that they can't charge once we get to regional tournaments? I'm so annoyed. Someone clue me in if there is a way around the charge to watch the game tonight. It's not a matter of having the money to view the game, it's just the creation of road blocks in being a DII fan. Did I mention how annoyed I am?
    I watched the WOU-PLNU game for free. This is odd.

Comment

Watched the first and second rounds for free. Definitely disappointed in whomever makes these decisions. I do have $9 and certainly have spent more on tickets to watch games in person. It just comes off as a bit weak. I don't have a rooting interest either way, just thought it'd be a fun game to watch. Live Stats for me, my wife and I will get some ice cream later for $9.

Comment

Originally posted by KTodd View Post
        Watched the first and second rounds for free. Definitely disappointed in whomever makes these decisions. I do have $9 and certainly have spent more on tickets to watch games in person. It just comes off as a bit weak. I don't have a rooting interest either way, just thought it'd be a fun game to watch. Live Stats for me, my wife and I will get some ice cream later for $9.
        Agree, how about $5, it's d2.

Ktodd, hope your son is doing well. He was a great player at CBU.

Comment

Appreciate that tsull. Jason is a grad assistant and getting his Masters in Business. CBU found out last night they're hosting LMU on Wed in the CBI. Solid first year for the Lancers, going 16-14 as they made the D1 transition. Only team to defeat New Mexico St in conference play, also won at Seattle, at Bakersfield and at UTRGV in WAC play. Had it handed to them a few times also, keeps you humble. LMU had a nice year too, am hoping for a nice crowd in Riverside.

As far as the West final tonight, it's not easy to beat a team in their place with a packed crowd. However as both tsull and I know, it can be done.

Comment

Sooooooo I just checked the Point Loma schedule, was going to see Live Stats .. and was able to bring up the game! No charge, watching teams warm up right now.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/p...reamType=video

Comment

Yeah. Great game. Glad that it is a good and free streaming, just wish they hadn't advertised it as a for charge stream. They may have lost some viewers who didn't go back and check.

On the ladies side... Wow. Did anyone else see that APU triple at the buzzer to take down Anchorage? That was amazing!

Saints are staying within striking distance, but it feels like they'll need to do more than hang around to get past Point Loma whose been in control all night...

Comment

Great night for the PacWest as they send two teams to the elite eight! PLNU wins over the Saint's 60-54. Somewhat amazing that they only won by 6 with such a rough shooting night for the Saint's, but it doesn't really matter how you do it, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                  Yeah. Great game. Glad that it is a good and free streaming, just wish they hadn't advertised it as a for charge stream. They may have lost some viewers who didn't go back and check.

On the ladies side... Wow. Did anyone else see that APU triple at the buzzer to take down Anchorage? That was amazing!

Saints are staying within striking distance, but it feels like they'll need to do more than hang around to get past Point Loma whose been in control all night...
                  Live streaming for NCAA D2 tournament games in all sports must be free.

I watched the UAA-APU game. That ending was better than almost all D1 tournament games.

Comment

Great year for Point Loma and the Saints struggled from the perimeter, which is their strength. I think the Lions' inside-outside combo might be able to do some damage in the Elite 8. Great season for both teams, heck great season for all regional teams, it's not easy to get there.

* Women's tourney sounded wild, buzzer beaters, 30-0 teams getting beat ...

Comment

Originally posted by KTodd View Post
                      Appreciate that tsull. Jason is a grad assistant and getting his Masters in Business. CBU found out last night they're hosting LMU on Wed in the CBI. Solid first year for the Lancers, going 16-14 as they made the D1 transition. Only team to defeat New Mexico St in conference play, also won at Seattle, at Bakersfield and at UTRGV in WAC play. Had it handed to them a few times also, keeps you humble. LMU had a nice year too, am hoping for a nice crowd in Riverside.

As far as the West final tonight, it's not easy to beat a team in their place with a packed crowd. However as both tsull and I know, it can be done.
                      Wow, getting to post-season in the first year of D1 is impressive. Even more impressive is beating New Mexico State, whom I watched in the WAC final last weekend. They looked like a good Pac-12 team, IMO, extremely athletic. Nice to see LMU get back on track, figured they would, Dunlap is a great coach. Thanks for the report, good to hear your son is staying in the game.

Comment

Speaking as the fat guy who was dressed like the Unabomber behind the APU bench last night, that was the greatest finish to a game I've ever attended in person. There were about half a dozen times in the first quarter and a half where it felt like Anchorage was one basket away from running away with it, but our ladies weathered the storm and kept plugging away at it. They played outstanding defense down the stretch when we couldn't throw the ball in the ocean (seriously, the Cougars only made two baskets the entire 4th quarter.) That was clearly not the shot that was drawn up in the huddle, but it's often better to be lucky than good, and the work they did in the first 39 minutes and in every practice this season put them in a position to take advantage of said luck. I have no idea who they're going to play next in Columbus, but they've got as good a shot as just about anyone else, and only one of the eight girls who played Monday night is a senior, so they'll be back next year too.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
                          Speaking as the fat guy who was dressed like the Unabomber behind the APU bench last night, that was the greatest finish to a game I've ever attended in person. There were about half a dozen times in the first quarter and a half where it felt like Anchorage was one basket away from running away with it, but our ladies weathered the storm and kept plugging away at it. They played outstanding defense down the stretch when we couldn't throw the ball in the ocean (seriously, the Cougars only made two baskets the entire 4th quarter.) That was clearly not the shot that was drawn up in the huddle, but it's often better to be lucky than good, and the work they did in the first 39 minutes and in every practice this season put them in a position to take advantage of said luck. I have no idea who they're going to play next in Columbus, but they've got as good a shot as just about anyone else, and only one of the eight girls who played Monday night is a senior, so they'll be back next year too.
                          Yeah. If you put yourself in position to be lucky at the end, you deserve a win, even if it is a little lucky! They kept it close enough to be in that position. If they beat UCSD and then Anchorage, they deserve to be headed to the Elite Eight, for sure! I'm sure you enjoyed the game. I was keeping an eye on it and the men's game at the same time. Saint Martin's was still in position to be lucky at the end, but just could not get the ball to go through the hoop. Hopefully APU and PLNU will do well in the next round. Don't know much about APU women, but they sure did look tall?! Point Loma men looked good, but their A/T ratio was terrible last night and I am always a little leary when one player dominates so many things (Hommes). He has a bad night and you wonder if anyone else knows how to go on a tear? No doubt they do, but if they haven't experienced those roles, it leaves it unknown if they will do that in as tough as an environment as the E8 is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X