Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC POTY transferring...

Adonis Arms of NNU is following a lot of the other top GNAC players in recent years and transferring out. According to VC, he's looking to go DI... Hmmm. The GNAC seems to be able to get guys like Arms, Hommes, Beverly, Miller etc; but we don't seem to be able to keep them and graduate them. Lost Beverly and Hommes to the PacWest, lost Miller to DI and maybe Arms too. Hmmmm. NNU still looks good to me for next year (look at how well SPU did this year without Miller, for example) with many other talented guys in Bezzant and Roth, but it's never easy to lose a guy that can often score so effortlessly.

Re: GNAC POTY transferring...

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Adonis Arms of NNU is following a lot of the other top GNAC players in recent years and transferring out. According to VC, he's looking to go DI... Hmmm. The GNAC seems to be able to get guys like Arms, Hommes, Beverly, Miller etc; but we don't seem to be able to keep them and graduate them. Lost Beverly and Hommes to the PacWest, lost Miller to DI and maybe Arms too. Hmmmm. NNU still looks good to me for next year (look at how well SPU did this year without Miller, for example) with many other talented guys in Bezzant and Roth, but it's never easy to lose a guy that can often score so effortlessly.
    You beat me to it, just saw it. Arms is definitely a D-1 talent, though I'd have liked for him to stay at NNU. He's way more athletic than Hommes, and shoots it not quite as good, but not bad either. His percentage from 2 and 3 was good. He's infinitely more athletic than everyone's favorite, the dude at Grand Canyon; and though I'm a big Miller fan (SPU to Montana), Arms is simply more athletic and explosive than him, too.

For Arms, he needs to find the right fit. He wants to be "the man" and he might not be that guy at D-1. Some here thought the Grand Canyon guy would be "the man" there ... uh, no.

Also, Arms needs to change the attitude a bit, less technicals, more team play. He's extremely athletic and can shoot it well, someone will want him.

Big blow for NNU as Megwa graduates, too. As noted, Bezzant and Roth are excellent players as is the frosh, Nelson. NNU has had a lot of success with JC and international guys, guessing that's what they do this time. As much as he could drive me crazy, I enjoyed watching Arms, type of guy you go buy a ticket to watch.

Comment

OK I'll bite Tsull.

Dreschel started 25 and played all 33 games for GCU. He led the team with 5.8 rbs/gm, was fifth in points at 8.2/gm, and was second on the team in assists at 2.5/gm. I don't know what you consider to be "the man" on a team, but 1st in rebounds, 2nd in assists and 5th in scoring is not too bad. He also got to do this in one of the most raucous of venues in D1 that is full every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
        OK I'll bite Tsull.

Dreschel started 25 and played all 33 games for GCU. He led the team with 5.8 rbs/gm, was fifth in points at 8.2/gm, and was second on the team in assists at 2.5/gm. I don't know what you consider to be "the man" on a team, but 1st in rebounds, 2nd in assists and 5th in scoring is not too bad. He also got to do this in one of the most raucous of venues in D1 that is full every game.
        He was a good D-1 role player, he wasn't the star player ... I was firing back because in the heat of the GNAC playoffs/end of the season, you oddly resurfaced an odd post about a WWU transfer just to take a shot at me.

Time to give up your membership in his fan club. I watched him in the WAC title game, nothing stood out to me except New Mexico State's dominance. I'm puzzled as to why you're so fascinated with this guy ... probably coached him in AAU or related to him or something, that's usually what happens. Miller's relatives and/or AAU coach was also on here.

Comment

Portland State and Montana have made offers to Arms, he can definitely play and start at those programs. The Big Sky is really bad right now, 15 seed in the tourney, low RPI,they rarely get a 14 seed or anything higher than a 25 conference RPI (soon to be NET, not RPI).

Arms should stretch himself and try and get a WCC offer. Believe me, I've watched a ton of Big Sky ball, it's not that great, and many GNAC players would start there. Not a few, many. Megwa would be all-conference in the Big Sky, so would Arms ... if Idaho would've kept Brimhall, he would've been all-league, dude can shoot it.

Comment

So 1st in rebounds, 2nd in assists and 5th in scoring is a "role player"? Would he have to be the best player on the team to be a "star" player?

Have no relation to him never met him. I posted because I had caught part of a GCU game against Cal State Bakersfield IIRC when I tuned in to see Michael Finke who was from near my home town in Illinois and was a grad transfer to GCU, and Dreschel looked pretty good in that game. And I seemed to remember you saying you couldn't understand why anyone would transfer to D1 to sit on the bench. I imagine Dreshcel far more enjoyed this year when there were 7,000 fans cheering him when he made one of his 101 FGs, instead of some scattered clapping from some of the 500 people in a D2 gym when he made one of his 147 FGs during the prior year. Seems like it was a pretty good decision to me.

I understand you are a D2 fan but you don't have to continually put down D1 to be a D2 fan. Personally I don't watch much NBA basketball because it doesn't have the same passion as college ball, but I don't continually go out of my way to trash it. You even had to comment on a New Mexico State player who muffed a last second shot, like no one in D2 ever did that. The same old song gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
              So 1st in rebounds, 2nd in assists and 5th in scoring is a "role player"? Would he have to be the best player on the team to be a "star" player?

Have no relation to him never met him. I posted because I had caught part of a GCU game against Cal State Bakersfield IIRC when I tuned in to see Michael Finke who was from near my home town in Illinois and was a grad transfer to GCU, and Dreschel looked pretty good in that game. And I seemed to remember you saying you couldn't understand why anyone would transfer to D1 to sit on the bench. I imagine Dreshcel far more enjoyed this year when there were 7,000 fans cheering him when he made one of his 101 FGs, instead of some scattered clapping from some of the 500 people in a D2 gym when he made one of his 147 FGs during the prior year. Seems like it was a pretty good decision to me.

I understand you are a D2 fan but you don't have to continually put down D1 to be a D2 fan. Personally I don't watch much NBA basketball because it doesn't have the same passion as college ball, but I don't continually go out of my way to trash it. You even had to comment on a New Mexico State player who muffed a last second shot, like no one in D2 ever did that. The same old song gets old.
              You're still talking about Grand Canyon boy? I'm talking about Arms. Dude, get over it, Grand Canyon boy was a solid role player in D1, good for him. Do you think UW's or UO's 7 ppg guys are supertars, they're not. I"m really puzzled as to your fascination with Dreschel and your need to defend him on a post about Arms. Freaking amazing.

Comment

Everyone on here always sings the same old song Rob, including you. Tsull is not going to change because his ways irritate you. You're not going to change because your ways irritate me. This is a basketball board and everyone is inherently their own person and has their own perspective and personality behind their posts. And without either one of you the place gets pretty quiet and not worth checking often. So sing your song and realize that others will sing theirs and enjoy the chance to exchange a ridiculous level of detail about basketball that not many others will tolerate. But don't expect other people to change their posts because it irritates you. Nobody forces you to read posts you don't like or have to deal with someone's same old song.

Comment

Arms headed to Winthrop University of South Carolina and the Big South Conference. I think they've had a few decent years of late, can't remember if they were in the Big Dance this year or not. He might do well there, Big South is a lot better than the Big Sky, but Arms is talented enough to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                    Portland State and Montana have made offers to Arms, he can definitely play and start at those programs. The Big Sky is really bad right now, 15 seed in the tourney, low RPI,they rarely get a 14 seed or anything higher than a 25 conference RPI (soon to be NET, not RPI).

Arms should stretch himself and try and get a WCC offer. Believe me, I've watched a ton of Big Sky ball, it's not that great, and many GNAC players would start there. Not a few, many. Megwa would be all-conference in the Big Sky, so would Arms ... if Idaho would've kept Brimhall, he would've been all-league, dude can shoot it.

Comment

Comment

Arms going to Winthrop, nice choice. He'll do well there ... if his coach stays, Winthrop guy is a finalist for another job.

Comment

No. tsull has been here forever. One of the best voices for the west.

Don't try to run people off again.

Comment

Seriously? 5.8 rebounds led the team? That is shocking.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X