Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC men's hoop schedule 2021

Depressing to look at, props for getting games in ... wish WOU, CWU, etc., were part of this, but understand taking precautions. I would hope WOU could play local NAIA and D3 teams in non-overnight games.
    https://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketball/schedule/

It's better than no season at all (trying to be optimistic). Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      It's better than no season at all (trying to be optimistic). Hang in there!
      Correct ... I work not far from NNU, thinking about sneaking in for their opener, but doubt the doors will even be open. I could pretend I'm a custodian or something.

Seriously, I like going to NNU games, they have a nice atmosphere, they averaged around 1,000 last year and they don't market their program much to the community. Always wonder what they could draw if they pushed their product. Their women's program is really good, too.

Comment

UAF just announced that they have opted out of the 20-21 GNAC season.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
          UAF just announced that they have opted out of the 20-21 GNAC season.
          Wow, that tweaks the schedule.

Coach K of Duke yesterday said all of college hoops should take a pause and start later. I agree. They're looking at 500 games in D-1 being cancelled this season (potentially). Let's all start in March or April, no conference tourney, just finish up a regular season or take the whole darn year off. UAF made the right choice, as much as I like to watch hoops.

If I was NNU, SPU, and others, I'd mail it in. How is SFU going to cross the border? It's still closed.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Wow, that tweaks the schedule.

Coach K of Duke yesterday said all of college hoops should take a pause and start later. I agree. They're looking at 500 games in D-1 being cancelled this season (potentially). Let's all start in March or April, no conference tourney, just finish up a regular season or take the whole darn year off. UAF made the right choice, as much as I like to watch hoops.

If I was NNU, SPU, and others, I'd mail it in. How is SFU going to cross the border? It's still closed.
            Absolutely. I always thought a March or April start with playoffs in June made the most sense. I wish the GNAC would reconsider and maybe UAA could play then as well as the rest of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post

Absolutely. I always thought a March or April start with playoffs in June made the most sense. I wish the GNAC would reconsider and maybe UAA could play then as well as the rest of the league.
              From what I've heard most college players scrimmage, lift, play in leagues all summer long. If I was division 2 I'd start in May and end on July 4th, don't have a national tournament that's fine. I'd love to catch some summer basketball.

Comment

I don't get why they don't just play in spring when a vaccine is out. Not like football that has a high injury risk with less turnaround time. Basketball can easily play in spring then again next winter

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                  I don't get why they don't just play in spring when a vaccine is out. Not like football that has a high injury risk with less turnaround time. Basketball can easily play in spring then again next winter
                  I would agree with this and if there isn't going to be a national tournament the GNAC should have one killer of a conference tournament in late May after playing a modified regular season in March and April.

These guys summer workouts are harder than what they would take in the spring.

Right now I agree with the movement of the conference, I have flipped my beliefs. Northern was right all along, I underestimated the vast spread of this virus and thought they could pull it off. Speaking from over here in idaho, there's a zillion morons who won't wear masks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X