Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarick steps down at Concordia

Brad's long tenure at Concordia is over. He did a tremendous job there, I thought this year his team was competitive. Hope he wasn't pushed out, he was very loyal to the school, which is still transitioning a bit to D2.

Academy of Arts also fired their coach in other D2 West Region moves.

https://hoopdirt.com/

Re: Barbarick steps down at Concordia

I'm hearing he was pushed out. Too bad. They were always competitive but just couldn't seem to close out many tight games.

Comment

Thought he was a classy coach too. I think he had a new baby with his partner this season or last (?), so that could certainly impact your ability to coach at a high level too. Now... I wonder what other GNAC coaches will be applying for this job???

Comment

Kind of hope inter-conference coaches aren't hired and CU and the conference seeks new blood. I'm not totally against it, obviously Durham is working out in Billings, but recycle, rewash, rinse, gets a little old. Perhaps an NAIA, D3, D2 out of the region, or assistant, works out here.

Brad's a good guy, hope he finds what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Brad's long tenure at Concordia is over. He did a tremendous job there, I thought this year his team was competitive. Hope he wasn't pushed out, he was very loyal to the school, which is still transitioning a bit to D2.

Academy of Arts also fired their coach in other D2 West Region moves.

https://hoopdirt.com/

Comment

Academy of Arts fired their coach? Who heck does this program think they are??

Comment

Originally posted by Billybronco01 View Post
              Academy of Arts fired their coach? Who heck does this program think they are??
              Every basketball team in America thinks they should be 25-0 and winning titles, even with crap facilities, lack of scholarships, etc. Frankly, I don't think Concordia should've fired, loyal coach, showing momentum at the end of the season, etc. My junior high gym is bigger than their's.

Also (and I know I'll get in trouble for writing this), every player in America also thinks he should be D-1 and getting drafted. Read a funny post on a University of Idaho message board from a former football player. (Idaho is bad FCS after dropping down from being bad FBS.) He said there were probably 70 guys on the team who thought they should be NFL and that their pro day was embarrassing with a bunch of slow, unathletic guys and NFL scouts ready to leave as soon as they got there. That's how athletes are wired ... and athletic directors and fans think their team should be undefeated every year. It's an interesting dynamic.

* The first step for schools like Academy of Arts is to try and get more than 150 people per game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X