Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former GNAC guys in D1

Checked on a couple of the guys that transferred to D1. They are at least are getting an opportunity to play this year. Khalil Shabazz at San Fran is off to another good year, but Tony Miller has only played in one game for Wazzou (he was injured part of last year but was 3rd on team with scoring average - not sure why he is not playing this year). So far most of the Power 5 teams have done a pretty good job of managing the pandemic. Some places like University of Illinois had their on campus labs develop their own tests and can test their players almost daily. No way that D2 schools could do something like that.
    As long as protocols can be followed, I think the D1 schools should be playing and I am thankful that they are.

Adonis Arms from NNU is at Winthrop. 14, 9, 17 points in his 3 games thus far

Comment

Arms is a good one; Miller has a lower leg injury. He's been beat to crap at WSU, they had 9 injuries last year, 7 this year ... I follow the Cougs and think that's insane to have that many injuries.

Comment

Arms is playing on ESPN right now. Winthrop vs. Campbell in Big South title game!

Comment

The Eagles swoop past the Fighting Camels of Campbell and Arms is heading to the big dance! https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401300963

Comment

#12 Winthrop will face #5 Villanova in first round

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
              #12 Winthrop will face #5 Villanova in first round
              Arms playing time seems to have decreased as the season went on. His old team, NNU, is playing for an Elite 8 berth tonight.

Comment

Arms scored 14 in Tech's upset of #1 Baylor!

Comment

Nice piece on the journey Arms took to Tech: https://texastech.exposure.co/adonis...4gePSs81_QhsNE

Comment

Great article, glad he's succeeding. First time I saw him he had probably the best dunk I've ever seen in college basketball, it was vs. WOU, and I thought this guy is going to be tough and he's probably unguardable at the D2 level. Glad he got his degree from Winthrop, playing his max 6 years and made the most of every opportunity at each stop. He'll probably end up with a Master's degree from Tech.

Refreshing to hear his comments of thanks at each stop. I see a lot of guys in the football portal moving on with barely a thanks to their school, coaches, or teammates. Great player.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
                      Checked on a couple of the guys that transferred to D1. They are at least are getting an opportunity to play this year. Khalil Shabazz at San Fran is off to another good year, but Tony Miller has only played in one game for Wazzou (he was injured part of last year but was 3rd on team with scoring average - not sure why he is not playing this year). So far most of the Power 5 teams have done a pretty good job of managing the pandemic. Some places like University of Illinois had their on campus labs develop their own tests and can test their players almost daily. No way that D2 schools could do something like that.
                      As long as protocols can be followed, I think the D1 schools should be playing and I am thankful that they are.
                      Tony Miller only averaged one point a game last year, you must have been looking at 2 years ago when he indeed was the third leading scorer for the Cougars. Last year in 2021 he hardly played in any games. I think he ran into a situation where he left the team for a while it might have been some mental things going on in addition to physical ailments.

He was really good his first year in Pullman and things have gone dramatically downhill since then mostly on the injury front.

Hindsight is 20/20 but staying at Seattle Pacific or even Montana where he was their number one player as a redshirt, would have been more beneficial to Tony in my opinion. For example, Western Washington has a guy who recently signed an nba/g-league contract; Western Oregon's Tanner Omlid was the MVP of a professional league in Portugal.

Miller would have been a dominating force at SPU had he finished up there and most likely would have got a European contract. I'm not sure what happened at Montana but I think he would have been a big time Big Sky player there, too. Feel sorry for him and how things turned out at Washington State after that excellent first year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X