Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC looking at a new school

Bellevue College in Bellevue, Wa has be contacted multiple times in the last year in hopes that they would be interested in joining the GNAC.

Re: GNAC looking at a new school

Hope the GNAC requires them to add football BEFORE joining.

Comment

Bellevue College used to be a JC in the NWAACC. Yakima CC, Wenatchee CC, and Walla Walla CC had football, but don't remember any others that did.

Comment

I'd assume they wont be required to add football if they join and from chatter they are considered a insurance policy if CWU would to leave the GNAC.

Comment

Originally posted by GNAC_Fan View Post
          I'd assume they wont be required to add football if they join and from chatter they are considered a insurance policy if CWU would to leave the GNAC.
          Where would CWU go? Not the FCS

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
            Where would CWU go? Not the FCS
            NSIC to replace Augustana when they leave............:smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by GNAC_Fan View Post
              What league would CWU join? Big Sky not expanding in near or distant future.

Also, Bellevue doesn't have sports right now, why ask them? Wouldn't Southern or Eastern Oregon be more attractive? They actually have this thing called an athletic department.

Quit the craziness GNAC.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                Also, Bellevue doesn't have sports right now, why ask them? Wouldn't Southern or Eastern Oregon be more attractive? They actually have this thing called an athletic department.
                What are you talking about? They have almost everything but track/XC and football. They even have golf and tennis. https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/athletics/sports/

This makes total sense. Bellevue now offers 4 year degrees so I figured it was only a matter of time before they at least jumped to NAIA. But it would be great to have them join the GNAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                  Bellevue College used to be a JC in the NWAACC. Yakima CC, Wenatchee CC, and Walla Walla CC had football, but don't remember any others that did.
                  They still are a JC in the NWAC for athletics, though academically they do now offer 4 year degrees. They do not have an official football team though there is a local club team based in Bellevue that plays in a local junior college club football league.

Comment

My bad, didn't know they were Bellevue CC.

Comment

Bellevue offers 12 4 year degrees and would be the 2nd biggest school in the league behind SFU. All their facilities are upgraded or new besides their gym and that is in the 1st stage of upgrading. According to those I know at Bellevue College GNAC feels CWU will leave sooner than later. So they want to protect themselves as a league I'm sure GNAC are looking at all options but I can only speak for the BC option and what I know of that.

Comment

Which West region league is CWU joining?

Comment

Not sure nor do I care where CWU might go I was told BC has been contacted by GNAC b/c of they feel CWU is looking elsewhere.

Comment

My Eburg contact says they're not looking to move right now. He's pretty connected.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X