Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GNAC looking at a new school

Originally posted by Goods View Post
    It must be late May....... spring ball is done, fall workouts are 2 1/2 months away....... it's the moving up thread! CWU ain't going anywhere. Stadium is great, but is half the size of Eastern and it's my belief that the Big Sky wants nothing to do with us, which is great!

Carroll and SOU....... I'll believe it when I see it. UAA and UAF, no idea how they move up.

Not being negative, always enjoy the banter and points made, but just wanted to add my $0.02.
    Neither UAF nor UAA is going anywheres; especially UAF (you know, other than circling the drain, that is). OMG. Go not revive the talks of UAA going DI or I will lose my, how do you say it?... &*#%@%... And nobody and nobody's friends on here want me to lecture on UAA's facilities, why they have it, why it doesn't matter, why it rubs me wrong, why I hate it and on and on. Many of the problems in Alaska are highlighted by our newly elected governor and it seems likely that any moves towards longterm stability will be fraught for the moment. I really love living here for many reasons, but man, the problems loom large.

Yes. It is late May... Happy summer/down season!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
      Neither UAF nor UAA is going anywheres; especially UAF (you know, other than circling the drain, that is). OMG. Go not revive the talks of UAA going DI or I will lose my, how do you say it?... &*#%@%... And nobody and nobody's friends on here want me to lecture on UAA's facilities, why they have it, why it doesn't matter, why it rubs me wrong, why I hate it and on and on. Many of the problems in Alaska are highlighted by our newly elected governor and it seems likely that any moves towards longterm stability will be fraught for the moment. I really love living here for many reasons, but man, the problems loom large.

Yes. It is late May... Happy summer/down season!

Comment

UAA is not going D1 anytime soon. It will be lucky to have a D2 bball program.

The AAC is one of the reasons the public is not very supportive of the university system funding. Between it and the $250 million UAF power plant, there has been very little fiscal responsibility. Couple that will boneheaded gaffs like getting the accreditation of the teacher certification program pulled at UAA, and the university management has little credibility with the general public. Result is that funding is going to be hard to come by for some time - so athletics are going to have a tough road.

Comment

http://406mtsports.com/college/front...cf0f322c3.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
            UAA is not going D1 anytime soon. It will be lucky to have a D2 bball program.

The AAC is one of the reasons the public is not very supportive of the university system funding. Between it and the $250 million UAF power plant, there has been very little fiscal responsibility. Couple that will boneheaded gaffs like getting the accreditation of the teacher certification program pulled at UAA, and the university management has little credibility with the general public. Result is that funding is going to be hard to come by for some time - so athletics are going to have a tough road.

Comment

It mentioned MSU Billings dropping. Not sure I see that scenario given their recent investments in coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                It mentioned MSU Billings dropping. Not sure I see that scenario given their recent investments in coaches.
                The Frontier conference has been consistently losing teams. They only have 6 and basketball teams were playing each other 3x during conference play which is very unusual. I'm not sure why it would make sense for MSUB to drop down except from a travel/budget perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                  MSU-Billings has been a nice member of the GNAC and just had a killer baseball season, making the tough Western Regionals. They aren't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                    MSU-Billings has been a nice member of the GNAC and just had a killer baseball season, making the tough Western Regionals. They aren't going anywhere.
                    Mick Durham agrees with you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X