Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOU departures ... including Hawken?

Wow, what a coaching change can do. Latest updated WOU roster has five players listed, luckily some good players: Darius Lubom, Etan Collins, Jaylyn Richardson, Dalven Brushier, Cameron Cranston. All saw significant playing time last year, hope they stick around, if not, WOU is screwed.

Gone (apparently) is all-GNAC player Riley Hawken ... brutal, their best returning player. Maybe he just decided to graduate, not sure.

Former Oregon 6A player of the year and D-1 transfer Elijah Gonzales is no longer listed. He didn't play last year, but was on the roster. As noted on this board earlier, quality frosh O'Landa Baker left school as did freshmen Estep, and Hjordt. Graduation took five seniors; two recruits were signed by Shaw, an Arizona JC whom they've stuck with for a couple years; and a small school in-state kid.

New coach has some recruiting work to do.

* On a similar note, Concordia had a coaching change and list 12 players on the current roster. Maybe they haven't updated, or maybe all are hanging around.

Re: WOU departures ... including Hawken?

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Wow, what a coaching change can do. Latest updated WOU roster has five players listed, luckily some good players: Darius Lubom, Etan Collins, Jaylyn Richardson, Dalven Brushier, Cameron Cranston. All saw significant playing time last year, hope they stick around, if not, WOU is screwed.

Gone (apparently) is all-GNAC player Riley Hawken ... brutal, their best returning player. Maybe he just decided to graduate, not sure.

Former Oregon 6A player of the year and D-1 transfer Elijah Gonzales is no longer listed. He didn't play last year, but was on the roster. As noted on this board earlier, quality frosh O'Landa Baker left school as did freshmen Estep, and Hjordt. Graduation took five seniors; two recruits were signed by Shaw, an Arizona JC whom they've stuck with for a couple years; and a small school in-state kid.

New coach has some recruiting work to do.

* On a similar note, Concordia had a coaching change and list 12 players on the current roster. Maybe they haven't updated, or maybe all are hanging around.
    Any confirmation on Hawken's departure? If so, any idea where he is off to?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGNAC View Post
      Any confirmation on Hawken's departure? If so, any idea where he is off to?
      No idea, guessing he graduated and moved on in life, nothing wrong with that, but wow, that's a blow to the program. He'd be a contender for conference player of the year, IMO.

Comment

Maybe that roster just isn't finished or updated yet? I wouldn't jump to conclusions until closer to the season when the full roster is up to date

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          Maybe that roster just isn't finished or updated yet? I wouldn't jump to conclusions until closer to the season when the full roster is up to date
          Correct, but scary when you see five guys there and the best returnee isn't listed. Two guys signed by Shaw, two pretty good guys, critical that they keep them, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            Correct, but scary when you see five guys there and the best returnee isn't listed. Two guys signed by Shaw, two pretty good guys, critical that they keep them, IMO.
            I would imagine that the new Coach can work the D1 transfer circuit. The GNAC has benefitted from previous Big Sky talent. Other teams are in the same boat given the recent coaching changes: SMU, Concorida, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGNAC View Post
              I would imagine that the new Coach can work the D1 transfer circuit. The GNAC has benefitted from previous Big Sky talent. Other teams are in the same boat given the recent coaching changes: SMU, Concorida, etc.
              Yeah, summer is a big D2 recruiting time, it was just kind of shocking when I looked at the roster with 5 guys, no Hawken. A lot of the young guys bolted after redshirting, probably didn't want to play college ball, I guess.

Comment

I'd assume they are gone if off the website roster. Usually, they don't remove players until well after it is official.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X