Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Players in Crawsover Pro-Am

Another year of Jamal Crawford's Seattle Pro-Am is tipping off this weekend, games played at SPU! Lots of current and former GNAC guys playing, per usual.
    Xavier Smith, Jawan Stepney, Fuquan Niles, Dom Williams, Jody Johnson, Khalil Shabazz all from CWU. Shadeed Shabazz from UAF. Divonte Moffit from SPU. Tyler Amaya, DeAndre Dickson, Daulton Hommes, Trey Dreshel, Trevor Jasinsky from WWU. Tanner Omlid from WOU

Rosters and schedules here: https://twitter.com/thecrawsover

I went to see all 3 pro-am games today. In the opener, CWU's Dom Williams and Jody Johnson struggled as their team got destroyed by the team featuring DeAndre Dickson, Daulton Hommes, and Tyler Amaya. Hommes actually had a cold game but Dickson was dominant, scoring 26. He would've had 40 easily if he played more minutes if it was a closer game. In the 2nd game, CWU's GNAC Championships MVP Jamar Berry coached a team that defeated a team featuring Shadeed Shabazz, who led the game with 31 points. In the finale, Fuquan Niles teamed up with Jamal Crawford in a nice win. Niles couldn't really keep up with the fast pace of the game but did have a couple good blocks, which is his specialty. Crawford dropped another 50 points. They went up against CWU's Xavier Smith, who had a 23 point/10 rebound double-double while doing his best to guard Crawford for most of the game. In his defense, Jamal scored the bulk of his points when he was defended by someone else or when Smith was resting on the bench.

Great to see this tournament back for Seattle!

Comment

Sounds like a great event I'm glad you could go. I was in Seattle that weekend but couldn't get over there to SPU. The Seattle Times mentioned Shabazz and how well he was playing in the tournament. I still say that he's the best division two player in America, and I really like that he didn't transfer out to some division one school or some other D2 school and that he's making the most of his life in Fairbanks.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CWUWildcatNtn/st...57005889454083

Former Wildcats Fuquan Niles and Jawan Stepney won the pro-am championship alongside Jamal Crawford himself! Stepney scored a game-high 28 points to lead Dream Team to the win!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X