3. Western Washington 20-10, 13-7 (t2nd) DNP 76
    4. Alaska Fairbanks 12-18, 10-10 (t6th) DNP 64
    5. Northwest Nazarene 15-11, 12-8 (4th) 13-5 61
    6. Central Washington 17-11, 10-10 (t6th) 2-4 47
    7. Simon Fraser 16-13, 9-11 (8th) DNP 41
    8. Western Oregon 19-8, 13-7 (t2nd) DNP 34
    9. Saint Martin's 6-23, 4-16 (t10th) 2-10 28
    10. Montana State Billings 11-17, 5-14 (9th) DNP 22

Wow, WOU is picked low. I think they'll be better than that, though I'm your typical fan. I liked their recruiting class.

Comment

I was surprised the WOU was 8th also. Them and UAF only being 4th stood out to me. Surprised UAA picked second although I do think they have an extremely deep team. But do they have the top end talent of SPU, WWU and UAF? We will find out soon enough but apparently the coaches think so.
      Last edited by Anchorage; 10-16-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Last time WOU played, they finished 2nd in the league. I think they're better than 8th.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about pre-season coaches polls... This year is a huge mystery; even though SPU brings back everything, it doesn't mean they'll have the same touch from 2 years ago. It doesn't mean Shabazz will dazzle everyone again. A lot changes between regular seasons, and then add in this crazy almost two years and I predict most anything can happen. Super excited to go see the Blue and Gold game next weekend and see these players! Looking forward to following the season with you guys here too. It's been a while!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
            I wouldn't worry too much about pre-season coaches polls... This year is a huge mystery; even though SPU brings back everything, it doesn't mean they'll have the same touch from 2 years ago. It doesn't mean Shabazz will dazzle everyone again. A lot changes between regular seasons, and then add in this crazy almost two years and I predict most anything can happen. Super excited to go see the Blue and Gold game next weekend and see these players! Looking forward to following the season with you guys here too. It's been a while!
            Thanks, Northern, can't wait for the season. The GNAC is a high quality conference with a lot of parity. It will be interesting to see how the teams with the year off do.

Comment

2021-22 GNAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PRESEASON ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM
              Preseason Player of the Year: Divant'e Moffitt, Seattle Pacific

Comment

https://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketba...K8Jqcs.twitter

I'm very surprised to see Shabazz not being named the preseason player of the year. And WOU picked 8th. And I might be a little biased but Xavier Smith and Matt Poquette are surprise omissions

Comment

Comment

I would have Shabazz as player of the year, I think he's the best D2 player in the country, though Moffitt is certainly a great player and worthy of being honored. Agree with a lot of the other player picks. I think WOU will be good, but there are a ton of new players so maybe that's the unknown.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X