Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska schools will take it to the Wolves this week. I wish I wasn't so cynical, but they're 1-6 (1-7 if one counts the awful loss to Linfield). All these new recruits, are they talented? WOU doesn't play much defense and UAA and UAF have excellent, explosive offensive players. I just hope the Wolves can compete, the season is already taking a bad turn.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      Alaska schools will take it to the Wolves this week. I wish I wasn't so cynical, but they're 1-6 (1-7 if one counts the awful loss to Linfield). All these new recruits, are they talented? WOU doesn't play much defense and UAA and UAF have excellent, explosive offensive players. I just hope the Wolves can compete, the season is already taking a bad turn.
      Last edited by Anchorage; 11-30-2021, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Those are good stats and excellent questions. Two years ago they finished 2nd in the GNAC and the coaching looked good to me. Might be right on the recruits. I watched the San Bernardino game, they rallied a bunch of times, but had a few chances to put them away and just couldn't get a hoop or a stop. Very undisciplined and at times the players act like they don't care. A simple stop here or there ... low post defense is horrific, do they teach that anymore?

Not sure the California/far-flung JC/transfer recruiting is going to work. It might, but right now they look awful. How do you give up 102 points to Linfield? The players look like they're trying to be cool on the floor instead of actually putting forth effort. The leading scorer is talented, but a big time gunner. I'm not impressed with the latest version of the Wolves. Hopefully they can turn it around, but usually what-you-see is what-you-get.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X