Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the new flopping rule?

Any thoughts on the new class B technical rules for flopping? Just watching the Nooks play and a few snippets of other games when I have time, I'm not sure I like the effect it's having, even though I appreciate the intent. The problem I'm seeing is that it seems like sometimes guys just come down funny in tight situations and they lose their feet, not because they were necessarily fouled or flopping, it's just the nature of a competitive game sometimes, but they are getting (I think) one warning and then a class B technical. Huerta from UAF got a warning and then the tech on Saturday night and neither time did I think he was flopping and sure couldn't see well enough to make any guess about whether he was fouled, but the guy is 5'9", so when he's heaving it because the shot clock is going to go off, it's just sort of likely that he's going to hit the deck because he's tiny. The Nooks only have 7 eligible players right now, so they are really going to have to keep their feet under them and stay outa foul trouble if they want any chance at hanging with anyone for the rest of the season. Just curious if anyone else is noticing this new rule and liking or disliking it.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X