Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night's games

SPU wins a thriller by 2 points over Alaska in OT. Sounded like a great game, Shabazz with 39 points; too ba only 235 people watched it.

St. Martin's destroyed WOU by 23 points, worst WOU team in decades. Only 152 brave souls watched this game.

CWU wins by nearly 30 at Simon Fraser. Five Wildcats in double figures, 216 people saw the game.

WWU beats NNU by two in Bellingham, not sure why NNU's best player George Ready didn't play. 278 people attended.

Alaska-Anchorage won by 7 at MSU Billings; 248 watched the game.

* Some decent teams near the top, CWU, SPU, and UAA. Covid or not, games horribly attended, not sure D2 A.D.'s care about attendance.

My youngest had a basketball game so I only caught a little bit of the UAA game online, but it was weird that every UAA made basket appeared to have as big of a reaction as the MSUB baskets did. Crowd size explains that.

The last two UAA home games (Hilo and SPU) drew 888 and 1099 respectively. 1100 fans is ok for UAA, 888 is definitely low. But with the 3500 seat arena it seems smaller than it is.

Comment

When it comes to GNAC hoops, I like the Alaskan teams. Let's Go and
      Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
        When it comes to GNAC hoops, I like the Alaskan teams. Let's Go and
        Both Alaska teams got beat tonight as did Western Oregon really badly.

I have no idea why my alma mater sucks so bad in men's hoops this year. The only thing I can think of is bad talent or substandard coaching or both. They are just horrific, one of the worst teams in recent memory.

Boy did I jump the gun on those recruiting classes the last 2 years. I thought they were good. Obviously, not very good as they're losing by 20 or more points every night. I wish the coaching staff would locate the state the university resides in. Going around the country to get bad players makes no sense to me.
        ?
        Quit being the University of Northern California. I'm a little surprised the athletic department is signing off on this bad recruiting formula. The women's program has done the same thing and has nine straight losing seasons under their belt.

Might be time to change your ways or they can just keep putting up with losing.
        ??
        Last edited by tsull; 01-30-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

Nice win, four guys in double figures including two with 18 and one with 19. UAA shoots well over 50% from the field including 61% from the three-point land.

Good job on defense, slowing Shabazz. What's Coleman Sparling's deal? He hits five of six field goals but it's another game we're only shoots six field goals. Is his coach/dad really that clueless about not getting his son more shots? Or is the kid afraid to take more shots?

Sounded like a good game with an excellent crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Nice win, four guys in double figures including two with 18 and one with 19. UAA shoots well over 50% from the field including 61% from the three-point land.

Good job on defense, slowing Shabazz. What's Coleman Sparling's deal? He hits five of six field goals but it's another game we're only shoots six field goals. Is his coach/dad really that clueless about not getting his son more shots? Or is the kid afraid to take more shots?

Sounded like a good game with an excellent crowd.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X