Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacWest Tournament

Both tournaments will be played at Fresno Pacific. Men's quarterfinals will be Wednesday, women's quarterfinals on Thursday

Wednesday:

#6 Concordia 67 vs. #3 Biola 69
    #7 Hawaii Hilo 72 vs. #2 Azusa Pacific 87
    #5 Fresno Pacific 57 vs. #4 Academy of Art 63
    #8 Chaminade 60 vs. #1 Point Loma 74

Thursday

#6 Hawaii Hilo 54 vs. #3 Academy of Art 59
    #7 Point Loma 55 vs. #2 Dominican 52
    #5 Biola 62 vs. #4 Concordia 57
    #8 Fresno Pacific 58 vs. #1 Azusa Pacific 83

Friday (semifinals)
    #3 Biola 54 vs. #2 Azusa Pacific 75
    #4 Academy of Art 78 vs. #1 Point Loma 75 (OT)
    #7 Point Loma 62 vs. #3 Academy of Art 77
    #5 Biola 71 vs. #1 Azusa Pacific 85

Saturday (finals)

Men: #4 Academy of Art vs. #2 Azusa Pacific, 2:00 pm
    Women: #3 Academy of Art vs. #1 Azusa Pacific, 4:30 pm
    Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 03-04-2022, 11:07 PM. Reason: Updated through conclusion of Friday's games

Day one in short: Biola came back from 11 down early in the second half to eliminate Concordia, APU made a bunch of threes and beat Hilo, Academy of Art held off a game Fresno Pacific side despite playing a true road game, and Point Loma dominated Chaminade in a game that wasn't as close as the final score indicated. The women get their turn at the quarterfinals tomorrow.

Comment

Azusa Pacific pulls away from Biola early and beats the Eagles for the third time this season. With the other bubble teams all being one and done, I believe the Cougars have played their way into the field regardless of what happens tomorrow (especially if the opponent is Point Loma).

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
        Azusa Pacific pulls away from Biola early and beats the Eagles for the third time this season. With the other bubble teams all being one and done, I believe the Cougars have played their way into the field regardless of what happens tomorrow (especially if the opponent is Point Loma).
        I think that's accurate.

Comment

When I made that statement, I was not anticipating a 10 seed winning the GNAC tournament. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X