• Show
Clear All

• Shabazz 41 points to lead UAF

Wow, huge game for Shabazz.

Showing that he is better than honorable mention

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      Showing that he is better than honorable mention
      His crazy coach wasn't even starting him, and another really good player on the team, the coach's kid, was hoisting about 6 shots per game down the stretch. Daddy Spar can deliver the goods on the recruiting trail, maybe that's enough. The dude makes some odd personnel and in-game decisions.

Comment

I was wondering about all those games he did not start. Wondering if it was something that had to do with fitness/health or what.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

His crazy coach wasn't even starting him, and another really good player on the team, the coach's kid, was hoisting about 6 shots per game down the stretch. Daddy Spar can deliver the goods on the recruiting trail, maybe that's enough. The dude makes some odd personnel and in-game decisions.

Comment

Must have learned his lesson, at the NNU game in Nampa he didn't start, but was high-fiving all his teammates in the pre-game warm-ups, very active in cheering on guys from the bench and had positive body language the entire game.

Comment

Hmmm. You know UAF won 3 games in a row mid season when they pulled themselves out of the basement without Shabazz playing. I sorta figured that they were having some trouble gelling and Sparling (senior) was going with what started working for them. I was a big fan of those starting five... They really started games steady and disciplined. But I have never disliked Shabazz; in fact I love watching him... Sometimes it's a bit too much, but he generally makes a lot of attempts to assist his teammates as well as get shots himself. He is probably as human as the rest of us. They have really struggled, but what can I say right now? I personally feel like we ought to be thoughtful about putting stuff up on the WWW about these guys without knowing it is the absolute truth; if you wouldn't put it up about your own kid or kin, maybe it's best to keep it to yourself? That's my two cents.
              Hoping these later games are good games too and the Nooks can do some serious resting now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X