• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Playoffs

UAF and CWU cruise to the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
      UAF and CWU cruise to the semis.
      Guess I better eat my crow on Papa Spar, he's money in conference playoff time. He got to the finals a couple years ago.

Comment

Cranston buzzer beater, Wolves win by 1, amazing shot. Wolves blew a late 10-point lead, Cranston had a killer turnover but redeemed himself with an amazing shot.

Comment

Comment

Down go the #1 seed hosts! Very nice! I will be there tomorrow to see CWU play WOU. And I may have to get there early to see some of the UAF game

Comment

Wow. So much fun! I would agree with Tsull in that that TO by Cranston was awful, but the shot more than made up for it! We've each got a team in the semi finals! Not sure I would ever pick UAA as a good match up for us, as that's just been a puzzle UAF can't figure out, but I'm hopeful that they can rest well and put together another competitive game. Not sure about the WOU/CWU game, gut I guess I'd say, I'd like to see CWU get through to the finals so that at least one team that was regionally ranked pulls through on the GNAC side.

Comment

Last edited by Anchorage; 03-04-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Hi...

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Hi...
                    Yeah, that dude.

Comment

While the league is a little bit down this year, I wouldn't say that they have no hope of winning any games in regionals. I went to regionals a few years ago in Monmouth, Oregon, and Saint Martin's was expected to get their doors blown out by Azusa Pacific in the first round. Instead, St Martin's handled them rather easily and convincingly, and played well in the next round before losing, too.

Comment

CWU women snapped a 19 game losing streak to UAA with an 80-65 win to send them to their first ever GNAC championship game! I'm so glad I got to see this game in person. Samantha Bowman was one assist away from a triple double. She is certainly the best center I have ever seen at this level. And with Malcolm and the guards draining the three-pointers, Wildcats couldn't be stopped! I'll be back for the Alaska men's game and CWU game later on.

Comment

I watched the final minutes of the Alaska-Anchorage - SPU game. I would say Anchorage could make some noise in the regionals if they get there. I was very impressed with their toughness, especially their rebounding and defense, which are two areas that win ball games.

They really got out on Seattle Pacific shooters and contested everything. They were rebounding really tough down the stretch, too.

Comment

Close game late in the 2nd half. Ugly game but UAF has really turned up the defense tonight, after playing none a couple weeks ago. Shabazz making shots.Going to be a tight finish.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X