Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West region results

Chico wins big over Academy of Art, 78-61.

In the battle of CCAA powers, Cal Poly Pomona upsets No. 2 seed CS-San Bernardino, 59-56.

CS-San Marcos and Alaska Fairbanks ups at 6 p.m.

Nightcap is Point Loma and Azusa Pacific.

Nooks keep marching.

Comment

The NCAA bracket is listing San Bernardino as the winner over CPP, but their scores are pretty behind; that game has been over for a while. Nooks lead from wire to wire in their game with a big half time lead, although it got very close down the stretch, then Shabazz took over to close the game.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
        The NCAA bracket is listing San Bernardino as the winner over CPP, but their scores are pretty behind; that game has been over for a while. Nooks lead from wire to wire in their game with a big half time lead, although it got very close down the stretch, then Shabazz took over to close the game.
        Wow, incredible. Like I said, I wouldn't want to be playing them right now. Incredible, nice job.

Comment

Also, nice job shooting by UAF -- 46 from the field and 3 -- dominating rebounding, and the biggie: 20 of 22 at the line, that'll win it most every time.

Comment

Last edited by Anchorage; 03-11-2022, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Incredible! I really hope they can win at least one more and make the Sweet 16. Postgame press conference: https://youtu.be/G7ykeI1vcIA

Comment

CWU blew a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter to lose to Western. Fourth game of the season between those 2 teams. It was unfortunate that the conference teams had to play each other that much to get into the sweet 16. But then again Central did get outscored 21-8 in the fourth quarter and should have won that game if they held on. Still a fantastic season regardless.

Comment

UAF does it again

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
                    UAF does it again
                    Amazing, one more to get to the Elite 8 vs. a tough Chico State team.

Comment

Frustrated by CWU loss, but great season for Wildcat women. UAF is hot at the right time. Amazing.

Comment

Fairbanks just made the Sweet 16!

Never thought I would be saying that earlier this season.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                          Fairbanks just made the Sweet 16!

Never thought I would be saying that earlier this season.
                          Incredible, I like our APU fans here, but really glad they beat them after the school cut football. Yes, I'm holding a grudge.

Comment

https://twitter.com/keganbone/status...077103105?s=21

SPU asst Kegan Bone putting the other two West Region conferences on notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
                              https://twitter.com/keganbone/status...077103105?s=21

SPU asst Kegan Bone putting the other two West Region conferences on notice.
                              Bone is no longer coaching. I do agree with some of his tweets but hindsight is 20/20 from guy who quit the game. Shabazz was benched most of the year by his coach, and the game I saw in Nampa he was 5 for 16, and he had a number of games like that throughout the season. Bone couldn't move up in the profession so now he's criticizing the coaches in the conference for their vote on All Conference? His take on more teams from the GNAC being into the region is also questionable. The league can only blame itself on this one.

Talent-wise I think Shabazz is was one of the best players in the country and I still think so.

I hope Fairbanks goes to the final four I think it would be awesome but I'm trying to keep things in perspective. Last year Oregon State went to the elite 8 and everybody proclaimed their coach as awesome. This year he's 3 and 26 and he currently owns the two worst seasons in Oregon State basketball history.

Is Sparling a great coach? Should Shabazz have been on the first team? Should the conference have gotten one more team in regionals? I can see arguments against all of those things.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X