Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chico tops UAF

Chico State beats Alaska Fairbanks tonight in convincing fashion, they really shut Shabazz down, and it appeared only Coleman Sparling and Huerta played well for USF.

Nevertheless, a tremendous postseason run by Fairbanks, it wasn't a complete surprise to me as I picked them to finish second in the league as they had a lot of talent. What was surprising to me was finishing last in conference and then rising up in postseason, which was really impressive.

Chico State is a great representative out of the West as they have an excellent, traditionally great basketball program.

Such an incredible run. Last place to Sweet 16. Make this into a movie please!

Comment

Yeah, Chico did a great job at figuring out how to shut down this UAF team. Their size and coordination on defense was tough for the Nooks to deal with. Just finally ran out of tricks. Been fun chatting with you guys this season.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        Such an incredible run. Last place to Sweet 16. Make this into a movie please!
        No movie ... they had the talent to win the regular season title and massively underachieved for four months. Great run at the end, props, tough to do what they did, but let's not get carried away. I still believe the regular season really must mean something or why even have it? Sorry to be a cynic, great run by UAF, but Chico will represent the West very well.

Let's get back to 8 teams (or less) in the conference tourney, and yeah, that would've bumped my WOU Wolves out, so be it. They sucked eggs in the regular season, too, a 9-game losing streak in a bad league in the middle of the season. They should be punished, now rewarded for being bad.

Comment

Thought the GNAC did well with the seeds earned. CWU/WWU women will hopefully continue a back/forth rivalry on the court and recruiting. Great showing by the Wildcat women, first time dancing since 2003. It's been a long time coming. Good luck to the WWU women in the Elite 8. What a time to get hot for the UAF men. Just ran out of gas against a historically great Chico team.

Only thing I would disagree with you Tim is the question of whether teams like WOU and UAF should've been in the postseason. Politics aside of COVID, but it still played a factor in the schedule this year where everyone had a different playing field. Games cancelled, etc. So it was the most fair thing to do this year and both teams ran with the opportunity and UAF came out looking great. I do believe next year should go back to normal of the top six in the standings make the GNAC postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
            Thought the GNAC did well with the seeds earned. CWU/WWU women will hopefully continue a back/forth rivalry on the court and recruiting. Great showing by the Wildcat women, first time dancing since 2003. It's been a long time coming. Good luck to the WWU women in the Elite 8. What a time to get hot for the UAF men. Just ran out of gas against a historically great Chico team.

Only thing I would disagree with you Tim is the question of whether teams like WOU and UAF should've been in the postseason. Politics aside of COVID, but it still played a factor in the schedule this year where everyone had a different playing field. Games cancelled, etc. So it was the most fair thing to do this year and both teams ran with the opportunity and UAF came out looking great. I do believe next year should go back to normal of the top six in the standings make the GNAC postseason.
            Yeah, this year was a good one to have everyone play after months of not playing for most of the teams. I'd opt for the old format in the future. This year the GNAC should've received two in regionals, i would've played CWU to join UAF.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X