Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheney vs. Honolulu. I'd say he chose well climate wise. EWU is a good school though, and their b-ball program always seems to rise up. I watched him play this season, his minutes were strong early and dried up later in the year. He's a shoot first point guard with good foot speed and good range on his shot. He needs to become a better floor general aka point guard which I'm sure he'll improve on with maturity.

Comment

Originally posted by gratefuldad View Post
      Cheney vs. Honolulu. I'd say he chose well climate wise. EWU is a good school though, and their b-ball program always seems to rise up. I watched him play this season, his minutes were strong early and dried up later in the year. He's a shoot first point guard with good foot speed and good range on his shot. He needs to become a better floor general aka point guard which I'm sure he'll improve on with maturity.
      Sure had a great game against the Cougars, I thought he was on his way to being a first team all-conference pick. Landing in Hawaii is great, but this is a dude who changes schools like I change socks. He has a couple more stops in him.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Sure had a great game against the Cougars, I thought he was on his way to being a first team all-conference pick. Landing in Hawaii is great, but this is a dude who changes schools like I change socks. He has a couple more stops in him.
        Yeah he will probably have 2 solid seasons at HPU then transfer back to D1 as a grad transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

Yeah he will probably have 2 solid seasons at HPU then transfer back to D1 as a grad transfer.
          I say 3 more stops, minimum. "I gotta get my shots and PT, man ... and I gotta play D1, this is too small time," ... I've heard and seen it all. Portal is trash.

Comment

https://twitter.com/landdeck1323/sta...xUU2l4_cg&s=19

EWU guard Mason Landdeck transferring to Hawaii Pacific. He prepped at Zillah HS but played his senior season in Utah during the pandemic.
            He actually prepped at Kittitas (Fr), then Cashmere (Soph), then Zillah (Jr.), then moved to Utah his senior year since Washington state sports didn't exist thanks to the state's COVID response. I watched him daily while at Kittitas, you could tell then he would play beyond high school. Can't really fault his decision to move to Utah. There was a point there where I didn't think Washington would have sports, so I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

He actually prepped at Kittitas (Fr), then Cashmere (Soph), then Zillah (Jr.), then moved to Utah his senior year since Washington state sports didn't exist thanks to the state's COVID response. I watched him daily while at Kittitas, you could tell then he would play beyond high school. Can't really fault his decision to move to Utah. There was a point there where I didn't think Washington would have sports, so I get it.
              Why did he keep jumping high schools the first 3 years? There's not a lot of difference between the first 3, they're hardly Mater Dei. They're all small, rural high schools. I thought staying at EWU would be a good choice, unless the coaches gave up on him. He looked like an All-American vs.WSU.

Comment

Have the goods, will travel. Coaches move all the time, why not players too? As long as he's got eligibility, his talent will allow for him to move about the CBB world freely. I'd love to be in his shoes, with the ability to bounce to a different locale. What a great time to experiment and see the world.

Comment

Originally posted by gratefuldad View Post
                  Have the goods, will travel. Coaches move all the time, why not players too? As long as he's got eligibility, his talent will allow for him to move about the CBB world freely. I'd love to be in his shoes, with the ability to bounce to a different locale. What a great time to experiment and see the world.
                  I don't wish him ill will, I'm just saying he'll bounce around some more, that's who he is. He would've been a star at EWU, in my opinion, I know my sample size is small, but he owned WSU's pretty athletic guards when he played against them. That showed me that he could've been a star at the Big Sky level minimum ... though I welcome him to D2, our division can always use an influx of incoming talent instead of outgoing ones.

Comment

I don't wish him ill will, I'm just saying he'll bounce around some more, that's who he is. He would've been a star at EWU, in my opinion, I know my sample size is small, but he owned WSU's pretty athletic guards when he played against them. That showed me that he could've been a star at the Big Sky level minimum ... though I welcome him to D2, our division can always use an influx of incoming talent instead of outgoing ones.
                    No question about it, he's an exciting player that will give Hawaii Pacific a motor at the point guard position. Throw in a few good wings and some size and all of the sudden you're back in contention in the Pac West. Hard to compete without a motor running your engine. I agree with you that with seasoning, experience, etc. he would've been a recurring nightmare for teams in the BSC in a couple of years.

Comment

Why did he keep jumping high schools the first 3 years? There's not a lot of difference between the first 3, they're hardly Mater Dei. They're all small, rural high schools. I thought staying at EWU would be a good choice, unless the coaches gave up on him. He looked like an All-American vs.WSU.
                      IDK, but it certainly gave him exposure and attention simply by being "that kid that transfers each year." His talent kept the eyes on him too. He's a good player. Has tons of confidence, swagger, arrogance (fine line between all of them). I'll continue to watch him at HPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

IDK, but it certainly gave him exposure and attention simply by being "that kid that transfers each year." His talent kept the eyes on him too. He's a good player. Has tons of confidence, swagger, arrogance (fine line between all of them). I'll continue to watch him at HPU.
                        The key for division 2 especially in the west coast is to keep these guys in division 2. Western Oregon currently has three graduates playing overseas professional basketball, one of them was MVP of his league. You don't need to transfer to Arkansas Pine Bluff just because it's division one and hoping that will vault you into the pros.

That said, I think Eastern Washington should have kept him, he's a quality player. But I hope he stays at his final school and actually establishes a legacy instead of just being another guy who transfers often and is quickly forgotten, see Brendan Howard.

Comment

CWU got a commit from Mt. Spokane point guard Xavier Kamala-Vargas. Averaged 10.9 ppg and 3.5 apg last season.

CWU also offered Seattle Prep 6'6" Tyler Mrus, who has also been previously offered by Cal Poly and Pepperdine back in 2020, and also got an offer from Fairbanks recently

Comment

Seattle Prep's Tyler Mrus just committed to Fairbanks

Comment

Seattle Prep's Tyler Mrus just committed to Fairbanks
                              Sparling has always recruited the Puget Sound very well, preps and junior colleges. He doesn't confuse things by going all over the country to get guys. He's got a nice base in western Washington and really goes from there.

Comment

Sparling has always recruited the Puget Sound very well, preps and junior colleges. He doesn't confuse things by going all over the country to get guys. He's got a nice base in western Washington and really goes from there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X