Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That saddens me that prep basketball players are getting pushed aside. I've never been in favor of the relaxed transfer rules, though I get it that athletes should have more rights. I'm not big on NIL and the new world of collegiate athletics. Yeah, get off my lawn, etc. I like seeing guys develop from their high school years on up, and I like the value of the junior college system over disgruntled D1 guys dropping down ... perhaps it's just me.

Comment

CWU and SPU recruiting target Maleek Arington from Auburn HS has committed tsull's favorite D1 basketball program: Idaho State. He was pretty heavily underrecruited but shined for Auburn on the national stage in the champions tournament, making it to the championship game. https://twitter.com/AringtonMaleek/s...OGy58uuAhikyaA

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        CWU and SPU recruiting target Maleek Arington from Auburn HS has committed tsull's favorite D1 basketball program: Idaho State. He was pretty heavily underrecruited but shined for Auburn on the national stage in the champions tournament, making it to the championship game. https://twitter.com/AringtonMaleek/s...OGy58uuAhikyaA
        What a fool. The stupid fans and administration there want to fire Looney after two years. He had health problems this year so they gave him another year. Worst D-1 athletics program in America, by far. Why do these kids go there? You can research everything online. Every top level D2 program in America is better than ISU. Why not just go to SPU or CWU, near home, play big minutes and WIN, something ISU doesn't do. These guys must love losing.

Comment

Cal Poly Pomona CCAA freshman of the year Dane Erikstrup is transferring to EWU. 6'10" and shot over 40% from 3. Obvious D1 talent

Comment

SPU's Moffitt signs with the University of Idaho. He will be their best player next year and I'm not kidding. They won 8 games last year, 1 game the year before. Program is a mess, but he'll do well there.

https://govandals.com/news/2022/5/5/...n-moffitt.aspx

Comment

NNU's George Reidy to Azusa Pacific. Good hard-nosed player, I think he graduated here in Nampa and might have two years left. I can't remember. Good pick up for APU.

Comment

CWU backup point guard Shden Knight transferring Despite averaging 9 ppg for D1 Long Beach State, he saw his minutes greatly reduced at CWU as the season went on, not even appearing in the GNAC tournament. CWU will certainly be looking for another point guard in the transfer portal to replace the graduating David Thompson.

Comment

Comment

I find it intriguing that someone is jumping in the portal at his age and with not any glowing stats. I'd think reality would hit and one would want to get a degree and move on in life. To each his own. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but 4 ppg/3 rpg in D2 is just that, not a superstar in the making. Probably decent practice player.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

I find it intriguing that someone is jumping in the portal at his age and with not any glowing stats. I'd think reality would hit and one would want to get a degree and move on in life. To each his own. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but 4 ppg/3 rpg in D2 is just that, not a superstar in the making. Probably decent practice player.

Comment

Not sure about this Storms guy. He only scored a combined 5 points against Oregon, Notre Dame, and Butler on 1/16 shooting. And Oregon was only and NIT team and Butler didn't even make the postseason!

Comment

Comment

The portal has raided a lot of good D2 players, but also now D2 players are jumping from D2 to D2. I think the hidden recruiting market is the JC's. I know WOU has gone that route and they weren't good last year, but they've found some good talent there. The Cali JC market is loaded and being ignored by D1's. The Oregon and Washington JC markets are solid and good D2 players can be found there. I'd rather go that route than another D2 portal guy. It worked out for Hommes at Point Loma after leaving WWU. WOU's D2 portal guys to UT-Somewhere and San Bernadino had no great improvements in stats at their next stop. And yes, of course I always like the recruiting of high school guys. I get taking some D1 guys if they're committed to winning and not themselves.

Comment

Schumacher transferring to Seattle U, who just lost star PG Darrion Trammell to San Diego State https://twitter.com/_AlexSchumacher/...38164043386880

Comment

Last edited by Anchorage; 06-01-2022, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X