Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tsull
    replied
    SPU's Moffitt signs with the University of Idaho. He will be their best player next year and I'm not kidding. They won 8 games last year, 1 game the year before. Program is a mess, but he'll do well there.

https://govandals.com/news/2022/5/5/...n-moffitt.aspx

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Cal Poly Pomona CCAA freshman of the year Dane Erikstrup is transferring to EWU. 6'10" and shot over 40% from 3. Obvious D1 talent

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    CWU and SPU recruiting target Maleek Arington from Auburn HS has committed tsull's favorite D1 basketball program: Idaho State. He was pretty heavily underrecruited but shined for Auburn on the national stage in the champions tournament, making it to the championship game. https://twitter.com/AringtonMaleek/s...OGy58uuAhikyaA
    What a fool. The stupid fans and administration there want to fire Looney after two years. He had health problems this year so they gave him another year. Worst D-1 athletics program in America, by far. Why do these kids go there? You can research everything online. Every top level D2 program in America is better than ISU. Why not just go to SPU or CWU, near home, play big minutes and WIN, something ISU doesn't do. These guys must love losing.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    CWU and SPU recruiting target Maleek Arington from Auburn HS has committed tsull's favorite D1 basketball program: Idaho State. He was pretty heavily underrecruited but shined for Auburn on the national stage in the champions tournament, making it to the championship game. https://twitter.com/AringtonMaleek/s...OGy58uuAhikyaA

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    That saddens me that prep basketball players are getting pushed aside. I've never been in favor of the relaxed transfer rules, though I get it that athletes should have more rights. I'm not big on NIL and the new world of collegiate athletics. Yeah, get off my lawn, etc. I like seeing guys develop from their high school years on up, and I like the value of the junior college system over disgruntled D1 guys dropping down ... perhaps it's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied
    Originally posted by tsull View Post

Sparling has always recruited the Puget Sound very well, preps and junior colleges. He doesn't confuse things by going all over the country to get guys. He's got a nice base in western Washington and really goes from there.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Seattle Prep's Tyler Mrus just committed to Fairbanks
    Sparling has always recruited the Puget Sound very well, preps and junior colleges. He doesn't confuse things by going all over the country to get guys. He's got a nice base in western Washington and really goes from there.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Seattle Prep's Tyler Mrus just committed to Fairbanks

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    CWU got a commit from Mt. Spokane point guard Xavier Kamala-Vargas. Averaged 10.9 ppg and 3.5 apg last season.

CWU also offered Seattle Prep 6'6" Tyler Mrus, who has also been previously offered by Cal Poly and Pepperdine back in 2020, and also got an offer from Fairbanks recently

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by Goods View Post

IDK, but it certainly gave him exposure and attention simply by being "that kid that transfers each year." His talent kept the eyes on him too. He's a good player. Has tons of confidence, swagger, arrogance (fine line between all of them). I'll continue to watch him at HPU.
    The key for division 2 especially in the west coast is to keep these guys in division 2. Western Oregon currently has three graduates playing overseas professional basketball, one of them was MVP of his league. You don't need to transfer to Arkansas Pine Bluff just because it's division one and hoping that will vault you into the pros.

That said, I think Eastern Washington should have kept him, he's a quality player. But I hope he stays at his final school and actually establishes a legacy instead of just being another guy who transfers often and is quickly forgotten, see Brendan Howard.

Leave a comment:

• Goods
    replied

Why did he keep jumping high schools the first 3 years? There's not a lot of difference between the first 3, they're hardly Mater Dei. They're all small, rural high schools. I thought staying at EWU would be a good choice, unless the coaches gave up on him. He looked like an All-American vs.WSU.
    IDK, but it certainly gave him exposure and attention simply by being "that kid that transfers each year." His talent kept the eyes on him too. He's a good player. Has tons of confidence, swagger, arrogance (fine line between all of them). I'll continue to watch him at HPU.

Leave a comment:

• gratefuldad
    replied

I don't wish him ill will, I'm just saying he'll bounce around some more, that's who he is. He would've been a star at EWU, in my opinion, I know my sample size is small, but he owned WSU's pretty athletic guards when he played against them. That showed me that he could've been a star at the Big Sky level minimum ... though I welcome him to D2, our division can always use an influx of incoming talent instead of outgoing ones.
    No question about it, he's an exciting player that will give Hawaii Pacific a motor at the point guard position. Throw in a few good wings and some size and all of the sudden you're back in contention in the Pac West. Hard to compete without a motor running your engine. I agree with you that with seasoning, experience, etc. he would've been a recurring nightmare for teams in the BSC in a couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by gratefuldad View Post
    Have the goods, will travel. Coaches move all the time, why not players too? As long as he's got eligibility, his talent will allow for him to move about the CBB world freely. I'd love to be in his shoes, with the ability to bounce to a different locale. What a great time to experiment and see the world.
    I don't wish him ill will, I'm just saying he'll bounce around some more, that's who he is. He would've been a star at EWU, in my opinion, I know my sample size is small, but he owned WSU's pretty athletic guards when he played against them. That showed me that he could've been a star at the Big Sky level minimum ... though I welcome him to D2, our division can always use an influx of incoming talent instead of outgoing ones.

Leave a comment:

• gratefuldad
    replied
    Have the goods, will travel. Coaches move all the time, why not players too? As long as he's got eligibility, his talent will allow for him to move about the CBB world freely. I'd love to be in his shoes, with the ability to bounce to a different locale. What a great time to experiment and see the world.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by Goods View Post

He actually prepped at Kittitas (Fr), then Cashmere (Soph), then Zillah (Jr.), then moved to Utah his senior year since Washington state sports didn't exist thanks to the state's COVID response. I watched him daily while at Kittitas, you could tell then he would play beyond high school. Can't really fault his decision to move to Utah. There was a point there where I didn't think Washington would have sports, so I get it.
    Why did he keep jumping high schools the first 3 years? There's not a lot of difference between the first 3, they're hardly Mater Dei. They're all small, rural high schools. I thought staying at EWU would be a good choice, unless the coaches gave up on him. He looked like an All-American vs.WSU.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X