Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA game vs. Cal Irvine

In overtime, 3 minutes left. Nice work UAA.

Tremendous effort, UCI wins 87-83 in OT. UAA close the whole way against a team that has been a Big West power under coach Russell Turner for more than a decade with many post season appearances. Wyche 32 big points for UAA.

Comment

Great effort by UAA, kept fighting the whole game. Were up 5 with a minute to go and had look at a 3 with 4 seconds left that rimmed out. Just ran out of gas in OT. They were still down a big who might have helped with that rebound disparity they faced but really the lede here is Wyche. What a player…how did UT-Tyler keep his stats so marginal? What offense are they running? Just let the man cook!

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
        Great effort by UAA, kept fighting the whole game. Were up 5 with a minute to go and had look at a 3 with 4 seconds left that rimmed out. Just ran out of gas in OT. They were still down a big who might have helped with that rebound disparity they faced but really the lede here is Wyche. What a player…how did UT-Tyler keep his stats so marginal? What offense are they running? Just let the man cook!
        Dang, would've been nice to hit that jumper and get the win. Still an awesome effort against a very good UCI program. I'm thinking the GNAC might be better than I thought this year. I went through UAA's roster last night, they're pretty loaded with talent.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Dang, would've been nice to hit that jumper and get the win. Still an awesome effort against a very good UCI program. I'm thinking the GNAC might be better than I thought this year. I went through UAA's roster last night, they're pretty loaded with talent.
          They have offensive talent no doubt, and more creators offensively than they have had in a long time. They will be hard to stop. They aren’t big but I think they will be pretty good. For them to be great however will really come down to how well they defend and rebound. I could see bigger, tough defensive teams giving them some problems if they slow it down and turn it into a street fight. We will see.

Comment

Cal Irvine just defeated the University of Oregon by 13 points in Eugene. Looks like Alaska Anchorage is pretty darn good this year.

Comment

Chaminade just defeated UAA last night.

Comment

And lost to HPU tonight.

Man these two UAA games were rough. They aren’t hitting shots. They don’t rebound and somehow are still in these games…only to take bad shots, make bad turnovers over and miss crucial free throws to give the game away in the final 90 seconds. The Seawolves don’t play very tough, these Hawaiian teams have bullied them inside and on the boards.

Comment

Looking at the early returns, the league doesn't appear to be up this year for the GNAC. You never know and I haven't checked PacWest scores yet, but the CCAA looks pretty good.

Comment

Welp UAA loses for a third time, this time in OT versus Hilo. Bad plays in crunch time seal their fate again. 4th game in a row (including Irvine) they have had the lead or a chance to tie at the end of a game and then let it slip away. Hilo was up 8 in overtime before a weird call with 5 seconds left gave UAA 3 free throws and were able to cut it to 87-82 the final score, but don’t let it fool you. Hilo dominated OT. This UAA team just gets bullied inside and their decision making in the clutch just leaves you scratching your head. Hilo’s 6’11 center and their 6’6 star Tait and little point guard Williams just did what they wanted when it mattered it seems like. By the way thank god the team leaves Hawaii were the streams cost 10 dollars and take the first half of pausing every 30 seconds before they finally become watchable.

Comment

Stats for the game finally got posted, double digit rebound deficit once again for UAA. also 18 turnovers. For Hilo, Tait-Jones with 28-13 and the big center 14-12 on 7 for 7 shooting. Wyche continues to put up poor shooting nights but keeps shooting. You miss every shot you don’t take I guess. This mini ball they are playing isn’t so fun.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X