Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former SMU Standout Shines for Seattle U

I finally attended my first ever Seattle U game in their glorified high school gym. Former Saint Martin's standout Alex Schumacher stepped it up to lead SU with 26 points and nailed the game-winning 3-pointer with 20 seconds left to lead SU to a win vs. TCU....I mean GCU!

Between Schumacher and Divante Moffitt at Idaho and the sharp shooter from Pt Loma who is doing well for Idaho State, the GNAC and Pac West are like the AAA minor leagues for some of their finest players to step up to the D1 level and thrive. Bottom line, there are excellent players at all levels of D1, D2, and NAIA basketball across America. And even though it's a serious drop in overall talent, sometimes even D3 kids can step up like the kid at EWU (Coward) who is an amazing player and a year ago he was playing at Willamette.

Comment

Originally posted by gratefuldad View Post
      Between Schumacher and Divante Moffitt at Idaho and the sharp shooter from Pt Loma who is doing well for Idaho State, the GNAC and Pac West are like the AAA minor leagues for some of their finest players to step up to the D1 level and thrive. Bottom line, there are excellent players at all levels of D1, D2, and NAIA basketball across America. And even though it's a serious drop in overall talent, sometimes even D3 kids can step up like the kid at EWU (Coward) who is an amazing player and a year ago he was playing at Willamette.
      Agree and that's why I tire of the average fan thinking D2 ball isn't good enough to attend, and worse, the local media pretty much ignoring it.

For the GNAC, I hope we keep our good players. Props to guys like Moffitt and Schumacher, whom I believe are grad transfers. I would hate to see the GNAC just become the JC's for upper divisions. The GNAC needs quality players, better support, and more coverage. A conference whose talent is watered down doesn't help the GNAC, it hurts it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X