Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Tournament

Man…SPU. Probably blowing their chance to make the West Regionals with that loss.

CWU is a red-hot team right now, but I gotta admit this was one of the more disappointing seasons at WOU in awhile. They returned nearly their entire team, including the pre-season GNAC player of the year, and added a really dynamic recruit in Collins and they were 1-and-done in the league tourney and sub-.500 for the year.

I still have faith in coach Pifer, but I'm not sure what is wrong. To me it appears he has athletes, but not basketball players. They make crazy odd decisions in game time. We go all over the west and to Texas to get players, while three Salem guys make all-league for St. Martin's. You can't make this up. It's time to quit being the University of Northern California and get some Oregon players for at least some interest. What a horrible game plan: spend lots of money to get average players. It's either average players or average coaching, or both. Sucking like this is very disappointing to me, not sure how many lukewarm WOU fans care ... I wonder if the players even care, they often look like they don't.

Comment

SPU could not get it done down the stretch. But CWU is sure hot. Matt Poquette is completely taking charge. The transfers are all producing big. CWU is in good position for an upset tomorrow!

And how about those CWU women! Samantha Bowman 40/14/5 tonight! Tourney record in points in a game, GNAC career rebound record, CWU season scoring record. Incredible!

Comment

Newfound St. Martin's fans (read: Biola) breathe a sigh of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
          Newfound St. Martin's fans (read: Biola) breathe a sigh of relief.
          Not sure what this means, but St. Martin's took care of business.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Not sure what this means, but St. Martin's took care of business.
            it’s because SMU and Billings are locks but the GNAC probably only gets two teams in and Biola makes it. But if CWU wins then they get the automatic and the GNAC most likely gets 3 teams knocking Biola out.

Comment

I read it that St Martin's fans breathe a sigh of relief because they were lucky to win. That's not true. The GNAC was only going to get two in anyway and St Martin's was going to be one of those two win or lose.

Comment

Last region rankings SMU was 4th and Billings 6th. Billings lost obviously in the tournament but so did SPU (who was 8th) So if CWU does win, and Biola continues to lose in the semifinals to Loma. I’d be hard pressed to see them jump Billings and the GNAC would get 3 teams most likely. SMU is solid at this point regardless what happens tomorrow.
                Last edited by Anchorage; 03-04-2023, 01:12 AM.

Comment

At this point, there are 7 safe teams... the only question is whether Northwest Nazarene takes the final spot. If they don't, I believe it will go to Biola.

Comment

Ha…I kept saying CWU and meant NNU. Thanks for the correction. I had Central Washington on the brain

Comment

Wow, NNU really brought the energy! Great first half for them, but there is, of course, two halves to every game. When NNU came to Fairbanks, it was a similar story in that they came very energized, organized and they had the depth to be able to take a few extra fouls and play very aggressively and the Nooks were on their heels the whole game. I'm not sure what their consistency issue is as their season record isn't that great, but man, they have a pretty complete and deep team and when it's all clicking, they are going to be tough.

Comment

Wow, great job NNU! Bergesen was electric, 6 of 7 from 3-point land, what a shooter. He was a fine prep at Borah in Boise. NNU really looked good. They were picked I think 2nd in the pre-season and they have some talent with Allen, the Murphy brothers, Bergesen, they should've won more in the regular season, but they more than made up for in the tourney. Great job Nighthawks.

Comment

Great win NNU. GNAC could get 3 teams in, that’s good for the league. Have a feeling everyone is playing for 2nd place behind Point Loma but crazier things have happened.

Comment

Really cool to see UAF last season and now NNU this season win some surprise tournament titles! MSUB ans SMU will also surely make the regional. Should see MSUB and CWU on the women's side along with WWU

Comment

Still wondering why St Martin's was missing arguably their best player, their speedy point guard, and First Team all conference player. He didn't play in the tournament at all. There's absolutely no news on this.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X