Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship Week Results!!!

First of all, here's the final spreadsheet of the year: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Second of all.....HOLY COW.

#4 KleShreen - 212.35
    #1 Mule Man - 192.55

What happened? LET ME JUST TELL YOU. Our championship match-up ended up being the second-highest scoring matchup in league history, and unfortunately, for MM, he took over the top spot in league history for the most points scored in a loss. HOLY MOLY. Mine and MM's scores ended up being the #1 and #3 team scores of the entire season, with only 08LB's score below being in the #2 spot to separate us. THE POINTS WERE RACKING UP THIS WEEKEND.

I had the highest-scoring RB of the week in Jordan Terrell (41.6 points), and also got a big performance from QB Jared Bernhardt (49.15), but the story for me was the WR's. My WR's went 29.9 points (Luke Little), 38.0 points (Senika McKie), and 44.2 (Brendan Beaulieu). I had only ONE player score under 29.9 points, and that was RB Tyler Stuever at 9.5 points.

MM was his usual self. He had nobody score under 20 points. RB Cole Chancey's 40.5 points led the way, along with WR Dewaylon Ingram's 36.5 points and RB Michael Zeman's 35.6 points.

This is only my second title in league history and first since the 2011 season. I became the lowest-scoring champion in league history (lol). MM finishes second for the fourth team in league history, and it is his sixth time finishing in the top two. This after he claimed his record sixth regular season title.

#2 08LionBacker - 209.15
    #6 JavsFan - 98.95

08LB put up the #2 team score of the entire season behind the top WR performance of the year, as Danny Kittner went CRAZY with 19 catches for 284 yards and 4 TD for 63.5 points to help lead 08LB to a third-place finish. He also got 45.15 points from QB Austin Reed and 36.1 points from RB Al McKeller. The score could have been even higher had he started WR Josh Cornell (44.9 points).

Javs rode his homer Kingsville team to the loss lol. Not that it matters much. He did bench the highest-scoring QB of the week in Preston Haire (59.25), but even the best lineup he could have fielded would not have been enough to win this match-up.

#3 mountaineermagic - 148.8
    #7 Runnin' Cat - 92.2

mountaineer picked up a fifth-place finish with a well-rounded performance, led by QB TJ Davis (36.2 points) and RB Jariq Scales (30.3 points). Everyone in his lineup was in double digits and four were over 23 points.

RC unfortunately had two starters in single digits for points, and lacked the big performance to hang in this one. 23.3 points from RB Mario Anderson was the high mark, and for the first time since joining the squad, QB Noah Grover had a lackluster performance with only 17.5 points.

#5 gr8ness97 - 127.85
    #8 New School Mule - 51.4

gr8 had no choice but to start Tyson Bagent this time, and he came through! Bagent led the way with 42.25 points, while Keilahn Harris (26.7 points) and EJ Burgess (25.9 points) aided in the victory, as well. He easily won this one even though he benched 36 points from WR Armani Carmickle.

NSM didn't submit a lineup for the 4th time this year, and therefore took three zeros from injured players. We'll have to unfortunately find a replacement for next year if possible.

Here is what the finished bracket looks like!

Thank you to everyone for playing again! I might do a small recap this upcoming week highlighting the best performers (and performances) of the year. We'll see how things go.

I'm planning on being back next year to bring more fun!

Big time Congrats to the Commish on the Championship! I enjoy the D2 fantasy season but had the feeling going in I would trip up. I always try to do the research and be ready for the season.

thanks to all that took part, maybe next year will be the mantra…. Lol.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from MM and TNSM. Ready for hoops season!!! Snouts out and Stingers up!

Comment

Thanks Commish for all the hard work.Excited to see what TJ Davis can do at 7,723'. The first home playoff game in Gunnison since 1991 vs Carson-Newman!

Comment

I was following that championship matchup Saturday. What a contest!!! Good to see you get hot when it mattered.

Looking forward to next year if you guys will have me again.
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Thank you to everyone for playing again! I might do a small recap this upcoming week highlighting the best performers (and performances) of the year. We'll see how things go.

I'm planning on being back next year to bring more fun!
          When are you mailing out the participation trophies?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

When are you mailing out the participation trophies?

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              I was following that championship matchup Saturday. What a contest!!! Good to see you get hot when it mattered.

Looking forward to next year if you guys will have me again.
              Dang man...you are sha-moozing the commish...and I am right here. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Man View Post

Dang man...you are sha-moozing the commish...and I am right here. LOL
                I would have said the same for you (or something similar) if it had gone the other way. It just seemed like he was slow coming out of the gate, and peaked late in the season. You were strong all year long, and would have won if not for an unbelievable week for him.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X