Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Indianapolis takes the belt from Fort Hays

Pueblo retains the interim belt.
      :) Mankato with the Interim belt

Comment

• Re: The Man.

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
        :) Mankato with the Interim belt
        And OBU took the original belt from Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Ouachita Baptist University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

Texas A&M-Commerce beats West Florida 37-27 on 12-16-17 to claim the interim The Man title Belt for 2017.
          Texas A&M-Commerce lost it to CSU-Pueblo 23-13 on 09-22-18.
          Pueblo lost it to Minnesota State Mankato 24-10 on 11-24-18.

I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
          http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
          Apologies to Indianapolis University for missing their hold of the Title. List is currently updated.

Comment

Ouachita Baptist University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

Comment

The titles will be reconciled this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                The titles will be reconciled this Saturday.
                Yeah that's neat how it worked out. Mankato or Ferris will win and take both belts to the NC game, and the NC winner will be "The Triple Man"..

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Yeah that's neat how it worked out. Mankato or Ferris will win and take both belts to the NC game, and the NC winner will be "The Triple Man"..
                  Nope... the ONLY man.:wink:

Comment

...>
                    Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-05-2018, 07:51 PM.
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      two belts enter, only one belt leaves. :wink:

blargh!! why does it have to be ferris??

Comment

two belts enter, only one belt leaves. :wink:

blargh!! why does it have to be ferris??
                        Because next season GV could have the opportunity to take "The Man" from the bulldogs

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                          Because next season GV could have the opportunity to take "The Man" from the bulldogs
                          That's a would you rather question.... Yeah, I would like to beat the pants off of Ferris next year, but do I really want them to have the bragging rights of winning a National Championship??? Kinda hoping I can hand the title off to somebody else next week.

Comment

Over 32K views... over 176 replies... hours of research... all because someone quoted Ric Flair's "To be the man, you've got to beat the man! Whoooo!!!"

Comment

btw, does BigMr77 have a picture of the belt???
                              <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                                btw, does BigMr77 have a picture of the belt???
                                Why can't anyone ever type my name in right?? :tongue:

I've kicked around the idea of an actual trophy/belt that teams could actually have with them, but that's something that would cost money and involve lawyers likely to keep some A-hole of a school from getting their hands on it and keeping it when it's their turn to hand it over. That and if its more of a trophy deal, it would need to be something pretty solid so that guys wouldn't mess it up when they're celebrating getting it. I don't wanna know how much the NHL spent on fixing Lord Stanley's Cup after the Capitals did repeated keg stands with it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X